Pioneer SC-05 and using the TV's sound? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2014, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pioneer SC-05 and using the TV's sound?

Hey guys. I have an old SC-05 receiver and am currently speakerless. I need to use the TV's sound for now which is a Sharp 60 inch LC-60E78UN. I've reset my TV and receiver to factory defaults just to start fresh. I have my set top box (FIOS) going into HDMI IN 1 and my TV is on HDMI OUT. I power up the TV and get video no problem but the sound is muted.

I've tried messing around with the receiver but for the life of me I can't get any audio. The receiver should be able to pass HDMI audio from the set top box to the TV correct? Should I be controlling the audio via the receiver, set top box or the TV? This is all going over HDMI.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Use your TV remote to control the output of the audio coming out of your TV,your sc-05 is useless without speakers.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarablue View Post
Hey guys. I have an old SC-05 receiver and am currently speakerless. I need to use the TV's sound for now which is a Sharp 60 inch LC-60E78UN. I've reset my TV and receiver to factory defaults just to start fresh. I have my set top box (FIOS) going into HDMI IN 1 and my TV is on HDMI OUT. I power up the TV and get video no problem but the sound is muted.

I've tried messing around with the receiver but for the life of me I can't get any audio. The receiver should be able to pass HDMI audio from the set top box to the TV correct? Should I be controlling the audio via the receiver, set top box or the TV? This is all going over HDMI.

Thanks for the help.
Do me a favor and see if you receive a "server down" message when you turn on the internet radio on your sc-05..
Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarablue View Post
I've tried messing around with the receiver but for the life of me I can't get any audio. The receiver should be able to pass HDMI audio from the set top box to the TV correct?
Hi jarablue, you trying to pass audio through with the receiver on. If so go under Audio Parameter and set HDMI Audio to "Through".
Old 08-03-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajohn View Post
your sc-05 is useless without speakers.
Hi jajohn, agree.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yeah I figured that. Set it to pass through and it's working fine now.

And yes I get server down. Seems it hasn't been working for me for the past 2 months. Haven't used it before that for over year.

Thanks for the help.