Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-03-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Trouble Connecting Amp

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help with a slight problem im having, (apologies if this questionhas been solved before but i couldnt find the thread)

I have a LG 42" HD tele, which im trying to connect to my apart concept1 amp, the amp is all rca and on the previous tele i had i just plugged in the rca to audio bit on the tele and it played all tv inputs (xbox/ps2/ps3 scart) through the speakers,

ive tried the same with the HD tele and having no luck, ive attached photo's of the back of the tele and the amp im trying to use, any help would be very much appreciated.

as in the picture i have the rca plugged into the audio L&R and then the same in the amp, ive tried different wires in case the new one doesnt work, and the amp is working as i have an audio jack 3.5mm to rca which plays anything i plug in i.e. mp3 player, tape player etc.

there is a s-video with L&R rca (pic attached) which i have tried even though i didnt think that would work either, do i need some sort of different wire possibly as the tv sound isnt coming out of the speakers???

please help, thanks

baz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140803_004.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	194498   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140803_002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	194506   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140803_005.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	450.1 KB
ID:	194514  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-03-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbaz View Post
I have a LG 42" HD tele, which im trying to connect to my apart concept1 amp, the amp is all rca and on the previous tele i had i just plugged in the rca to audio bit on the tele and it played all tv inputs (xbox/ps2/ps3 scart) through the speakers,

ive tried the same with the HD tele and having no luck, ive attached photo's of the back of the tele and the amp im trying to use, any help would be very much appreciated.
Hi 8bitbaz, its because the new HD tele RCA (red, white) audio connections are input and not output (cannot make out the letters on the pic). You'll need to output audio through the HD tele "Digital Audio Out" using an optical to analog converter.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi 8bitbaz, its because the new HD tele RCA (red, white) audio connections are input and not output (cannot make out the letters on the pic). You'll need to output audio through the HD tele "Digital Audio Out" using an optical to analog converter.
JChin, thank you ever so much for that, I had a feeling it would be something simple i was missing, having just changed to an hd tele, im finding these things are causing havoc trying to get working with all my older peripherals lol.

Thank you ever so much for your help!!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page