No Standby pass through work around - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No Standby pass through work around

Just bought a Yamaha RX-V377BL and i think it has no standby pass through and i need a work around for my wife to watch netflix with out the AVR being on. I only use my PS4 so i was thinking of buying a HDMI cable splitter and run it out of the PS4 then one cable to my HDMI 1 input on the tv and the other through the AVR then on to HDMI 2 on my tv and just switch between the two on the tv for AVR or TV audio. Does this idea seem to work or not? I have searched the forums but still come back with no work around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-04-2014, 02:17 AM - Thread Starter

Well its only 20 bucks ill just hook one up directly to the tv and other through the AVR and just switch the source on the tv hopefully it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #3 of 4 Old 08-08-2014, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBossco View Post
Well its only 20 bucks ill just hook one up directly to the tv and other through the AVR and just switch the source on the tv hopefully it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Works perfect for those that have a surround system with out HDMI standby pass through. I can now turn off my surround sound with out loosing sound or video to my tv. I have it hooked up as follows, One HDMI cable from PS3 to the splitter then one out to surround sound and one to tv real simple. Only draw back is if your Surround sound out puts a menu to the tv you will need to also run a HDMI from the surround sound to the tv on a diff HDMI input and switch to it to view your menu. This does not bug me as my unit is already set up so no need for the in depth menu the basic menu on mine displays on the front of the unit. Maybe this will help someone out looking for a work around as no one here seemed to know.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The best work around is the 477 model. Standby through is a great feature. Turned off by default though.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page