HDMI control with two HDMI outputs - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-04-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
HDMI control with two HDMI outputs

I'm in the planning stage here.. I plan to put an electric projector screen over my tv that hangs on the wall. What I'm not sure about is the receiver. I have a ONKYO HT-RC360 receiver currently. Currently I stuff the receive and everything in a cabinet and use the TV/DISH remote to control power, volume and such. This works great with the family since they don't have to mess around with the receiver at all, just turn on the tv (and turn off) and it will be ready. Now when I add a projector, it looks like I have some options.

1. HDMI splitter to send signal to both TV and Projector. How will the HDMI control work in this case? I probably cannot use the control since the TV will be off when the projector is on?

2. Get a receiver with two HDMI outputs. How does HDMI control work in this case? I would like to limit the number of remotes.

I am not against moving the receiver somewhere more accessible so the family can press the input buttons on the front to switch the my DISH remote can control the volume of the receiver. Maybe I just made up my mind... mount the receiver (BluRay and others) under the projector screen and use a HDMI splitter and no HDMI control.

How do others handle dual screens? What about HDMI control?

Last edited by kszach; 08-04-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page