which reciever? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
which reciever?

I am in the market for a new audio receiver for my home but I am not sure what type I need. I have 10 indoor speakers (8 ceiling & 2 wall), 2 outdoor speakers, a sub and a soundbar type speaker. If someone could tell me what I need to purchase it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-05-2014, 04:32 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3712 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
What is your budget? Where are the speakers physically located and how do you want audio directed to them? (ie. main zone, Zone 2, Zone 3) What is the size of your main room? What is the impedance of the speakers (ie. 8-ohm, 6-ohm, 4-ohm)? How loud do you listen to movies? Music? Is the "soundbar type speaker" really a soundbar (ie. designed to be connected directly to a TV) or is it a "center channel" speaker used for dialogue?

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 08-05-2014, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
What is your budget? Where are the speakers physically located and how do you want audio directed to them? (ie. main zone, Zone 2, Zone 3) What is the size of your main room? What is the impedance of the speakers (ie. 8-ohm, 6-ohm, 4-ohm)? How loud do you listen to movies? Music? Is the "soundbar type speaker" really a soundbar (ie. designed to be connected directly to a TV) or is it a "center channel" speaker used for dialogue?
The receiver will only be used for audio and I would like to keep it under 400. I have a speaker selection system but I do not know the exact job of this, so if you could tell me that would be great too.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3712 Post(s)
Liked: 2181
And the answers to the other questions? Also what sources will you use?

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call only for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page