Help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help please

Inherited a home theater system. Marantz SR8002 receiver.
Marantz Blue ray player. ANthem Projector. RCI universal remotee.
Projectro and blue ray work. independantly,. Try to watch movie...ni picture. Was connnecte with two balans Cat 5 and HDMI. I ttried a direct HDMI form reciever to Projectro still no picture. So its not the Projector input or the balans. I think its the settings on this archaic reciever. When I use the RCI it turns the sound on and I hear the soun dof the Blu ray but not the picture.
Any advise? I also hooked up a separate blu ray to the reciever via HDMI and an HDMI from the reciever to the Projector,. This gives me no sound or picture???
This Reciever is tough
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-06-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 440
It could be the receiver, but cables are a common source of problems. It isn't clear if you connected the Blu-ray player to the projector using exactly the same cables as you used with the receiver. That would be one way to test the cables. Also, you need to make sure the HDMI cables are fully seated in the correct sockets. Sometimes they seem to be plugged in but are not making a good connection. They pull out easily, especially the thick, stiff ones.

Be sure to do a full reset of the receiver so that you are starting from a known good configuration. The previous owner might have configured it in a strange way which is now causing confusion for you. See the receiver's owner's manual for reset instructions.

Also, do your tests using the same video disc each time. For initial tests, I suggest using a DVD instead of a recent Blu-ray disc. Some cables and hardware settings will pass a low resolution video signal (like that from a DVD) but have problems with high resolution (1080p) BD video.

I hope these suggestions help a little.

edited to add:

You might try contacting the previous owner to find out how they were working for him.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped

Last edited by Selden Ball; 08-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-07-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you.
I reset the reciever and now nothing works. Before the curtains would open when the reciever would turn on and now they stay closed. Do you know how to program that on the reciever?
Thanks
post #4 of 4 Old 08-07-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Receivers have a 12 volt trigger for things like open curtains. Turn on the trigger switch.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page