Help with Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Help with Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver setup

I picked up a used (but in excellent condition) Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver recently, and just set it up today. I'm running a Samsung BD-F5700 blu-ray player to the receiver via HDMI cable, then another HDMI cable from the receiver out to the tv (Samsung F5300 plasma).

I've been through the Onkyo's manual, set all the inputs, the default listening modes, etc. I've also read the other posts on here about this same issue, but didn't seem to find any real answer to the problem.

When I play a blu-ray with DTS-HD sound, the receiver never seems to select it. I can scroll through the many different listening modes, but never have the option to select DTS-HD. In the settings menu for the receiver, I even have DTS as the default listening mode for the DVD/BD input, yet it's never an option when I actually play the blu-ray. The only mode for surround that it seems to register, and appears on the screen of the receiver, is DVD Dolby Pro Logic IIx. I'm sure this isn't as good as DTS-HD, or even Dolby TrueHD.

The old Onkyo I had would simply select the best sound format from the disc.

Not sure how to get the TX-SR607 to pick up on the format the disc is in, but hoping there's a way.

Thanks for any help!
rjgrobinson is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgrobinson View Post
I picked up a used (but in excellent condition) Onkyo TX-SR607 receiver recently, and just set it up today. I'm running a Samsung BD-F5700 blu-ray player to the receiver via HDMI cable, then another HDMI cable from the receiver out to the tv (Samsung F5300 plasma).

I've been through the Onkyo's manual, set all the inputs, the default listening modes, etc. I've also read the other posts on here about this same issue, but didn't seem to find any real answer to the problem.

When I play a blu-ray with DTS-HD sound, the receiver never seems to select it. I can scroll through the many different listening modes, but never have the option to select DTS-HD. In the settings menu for the receiver, I even have DTS as the default listening mode for the DVD/BD input, yet it's never an option when I actually play the blu-ray. The only mode for surround that it seems to register, and appears on the screen of the receiver, is DVD Dolby Pro Logic IIx. I'm sure this isn't as good as DTS-HD, or even Dolby TrueHD.

The old Onkyo I had would simply select the best sound format from the disc.

Not sure how to get the TX-SR607 to pick up on the format the disc is in, but hoping there's a way.

Thanks for any help!
Go into the audio settings of your Blu Ray player and select bitstream. Most likely it is set to PCM. Bitstream lets the Onkyo do the decoding. PCM lets the Samsung do it.

Selecting bitstream in the DVD audio menu should make the DTS mode appear on your receiver.
jrhooper1963 is offline  
post #3 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Go into the audio settings of your Blu Ray player and select bitstream. Most likely it is set to PCM. Bitstream lets the Onkyo do the decoding. PCM lets the Samsung do it.

Selecting bitstream in the DVD audio menu should make the DTS mode appear on your receiver.
Awesome... thanks for the advice. I will give it a try when I get home.

It's a low-end blu-ray player, but I would assume I still have the ability to do that I hope. Can't wait to check it out.
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #4 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgrobinson View Post
Awesome... thanks for the advice. I will give it a try when I get home.

It's a low-end blu-ray player, but I would assume I still have the ability to do that I hope. Can't wait to check it out.
Taken from owners manual of your Samsung 5700.







Bluray Players: What's The Difference Between Onboard Decoding And Bitstream Pass-through, And Which One Should I Use?

Although Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio aren’t compressed in the same way that the original Dolby Digital and DTS formats are, they still reside on your Blu-ray disc in condensed form, a stream of bits, or bitstream, that has to be decoded properly before it can be amplified and sent to your speakers. “Bitstream pass-through,” as it's often called, means that your Blu-ray player delivers that unaltered data to your receiver or surround sound processor, which then does all the necessary decoding and digital-to-analog conversion itself. This requires that your player and receiver/processor both be equipped with HDMI connections, and that your receiver/processor is capable of doing the decoding.
If your receiver isn’t capable of such decoding, your Blu-ray player may be able decode these formats itself, “onboard” in other words, and deliver the resulting audio as PCM audio to your receiver/processor via an HDMI, or via 5.1 channel analog audio connections.
Which method you should use depends of course on what sort of gear you have or plan to purchase. Actually, though, even if your system is capable of either form of decoding, the answer isn’t quite cut and dry. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Bitstream pass-through to a high-quality receiver or processor generally means that you’re going to get better quality audio and more control over parameters like bass management. But this method will keep you from hearing some of the audio features on new Blu-ray discs with picture-in-picture and sound-mixing bonus features. Conversely, onboard decoding will allow you hear such features, but most Blu-ray players don’t feature onboard decoding of DTS-HD Master Audio.
Footnote from Jim: If the Blu Ray player is set to PCM and thus doing the decoding, you are getting HD audio out your speakers, but the indicators will not lite up on your receiver. Setting the BR player to bitstream, just passes the "raw' signal to your Onkyo, thus allowing the Onkyo to do the decoding, and thus the indicator lights appear.
Allowing the Onkyo to decode the signal should improve the sound, as it most likely does a better job of processing. Whether or not you notice an improvement in audio fidelity, will depend on your ears.
jrhooper1963 is offline  
post #5 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Taken from owners manual of your Samsung 5700.







Bluray Players: What's The Difference Between Onboard Decoding And Bitstream Pass-through, And Which One Should I Use?

Although Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio aren’t compressed in the same way that the original Dolby Digital and DTS formats are, they still reside on your Blu-ray disc in condensed form, a stream of bits, or bitstream, that has to be decoded properly before it can be amplified and sent to your speakers. “Bitstream pass-through,” as it's often called, means that your Blu-ray player delivers that unaltered data to your receiver or surround sound processor, which then does all the necessary decoding and digital-to-analog conversion itself. This requires that your player and receiver/processor both be equipped with HDMI connections, and that your receiver/processor is capable of doing the decoding.
If your receiver isn’t capable of such decoding, your Blu-ray player may be able decode these formats itself, “onboard” in other words, and deliver the resulting audio as PCM audio to your receiver/processor via an HDMI, or via 5.1 channel analog audio connections.
Which method you should use depends of course on what sort of gear you have or plan to purchase. Actually, though, even if your system is capable of either form of decoding, the answer isn’t quite cut and dry. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. Bitstream pass-through to a high-quality receiver or processor generally means that you’re going to get better quality audio and more control over parameters like bass management. But this method will keep you from hearing some of the audio features on new Blu-ray discs with picture-in-picture and sound-mixing bonus features. Conversely, onboard decoding will allow you hear such features, but most Blu-ray players don’t feature onboard decoding of DTS-HD Master Audio.
Footnote from Jim: If the Blu Ray player is set to PCM and thus doing the decoding, you are getting HD audio out your speakers, but the indicators will not lite up on your receiver. Setting the BR player to bitstream, just passes the "raw' signal to your Onkyo, thus allowing the Onkyo to do the decoding, and thus the indicator lights appear.
Allowing the Onkyo to decode the signal should improve the sound, as it most likely does a better job of processing. Whether or not you notice an improvement in audio fidelity, will depend on your ears.
Wow... thanks so much for taking the time to write all that! And shame on me for not reading the manual in more detail

From what I've been reading, and as you seemed to suggest, I feel that letting the receiver to all the processing is probably the better route to take considering it's not a powerful blu-ray player.
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #6 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgrobinson View Post
Wow... thanks so much for taking the time to write all that! And shame on me for not reading the manual in more detail

From what I've been reading, and as you seemed to suggest, I feel that letting the receiver to all the processing is probably the better route to take considering it's not a powerful blu-ray player.
Actually, I beleieve mine is the model 5100 Samsung. It has no smart features, as I have a Panasonic plasma that handles the SMART features. LOL

My Blu Ray player was only $68. LOL I have it in bitstream mode letting my Marantz AV7005 do the processing. It has awesome sound.

Using HDMI connections, you will get no better audio on a Oppo $500 blu ray player, than either one of our players. The Oppo most likely has better video chips, and MUCH better build quality and durability. I know this because I purchased an Oppo 103, and returned it. I did not hear any improvement as far as audio. The picture may have been a little better. But, I am not even totally sure about that.

We made the right choice. At least I know I did. I work too hard for my money to pay over five times as much for something, and not hear a difference.
jrhooper1963 is offline  
post #7 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Actually, I beleieve mine is the model 5100 Samsung. It has no smart features, as I have a Panasonic plasma that handles the SMART features. LOL

My Blu Ray player was only $68. LOL I have it in bitstream mode letting my Marantz AV7005 do the processing. It has awesome sound.

Using HDMI connections, you will get no better audio on a Oppo $500 blu ray player, than either one of our players. The Oppo most likely has better video chips, and MUCH better build quality and durability. I know this because I purchased an Oppo 103, and returned it. I did not hear any improvement as far as audio. The picture may have been a little better. But, I am not even totally sure about that.

We made the right choice. At least I know I did. I work too hard for my money to pay over five times as much for something, and not hear a difference.
That's awesome thanks... really appreciate your help and advice.

And ya, understandable about the budget thing. I've been slowly upgrading an old home theater set up that was my father's, but have been on a shoe string budget. I've actually lucked out and got some great items used, but in excellent condition (Samsung plasma F5300 with a nice stand, and the Onkyo receiver).

I was checking out the high end blu-ray players, like the Oppo, but just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money when I don't really have it to spend right now. I was curious though, as to how much better it would be, but definitely looking to spend that kind of money for a slightly better sound or picture. I'm quite satisfied with all I've been able to put together for under $1,000.

Thanks!
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #8 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Also, alot of previews are NOT DTS master audio, even though they are Blu Ray discs . So, you have to wait for the actual movie to start before you reach any conclusions.

The front or back of the disc in very small print, is where they tell you what surround codecs the main attraction was mastered in.
jrhooper1963 is offline  
post #9 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Also, alot of previews are NOT DTS master audio, even though they are Blu Ray discs . So, you have to wait for the actual movie to start before you reach any conclusions.

The front or back of the disc in very small print, is where they tell you what surround codecs the main attraction was mastered in.
Ya. The first time I remember listening to a blu-ray, I was so disappointed in the sound... but then realized that once the previews were over, the REAL sound kicked in!
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #10 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Actually, I beleieve mine is the model 5100 Samsung. It has no smart features, as I have a Panasonic plasma that handles the SMART features. LOL

My Blu Ray player was only $68. LOL I have it in bitstream mode letting my Marantz AV7005 do the processing. It has awesome sound.

Using HDMI connections, you will get no better audio on a Oppo $500 blu ray player, than either one of our players. The Oppo most likely has better video chips, and MUCH better build quality and durability. I know this because I purchased an Oppo 103, and returned it. I did not hear any improvement as far as audio. The picture may have been a little better. But, I am not even totally sure about that.

We made the right choice. At least I know I did. I work too hard for my money to pay over five times as much for something, and not hear a difference.
So I got the DTS Master to work by changing the blu-ray to bitstream. HOWEVER, when I use this format, the 2 rear surround speakers don't work at all. They work fine in the calibration tones, but not when I play anything in DTS Master. The disc I used was in DTS Master.

I went back to the PCM from the blu-ray, but it didn't sound nearly as good or powerful.

Do you have this problem... the rear surround speakers not working in the DTS HD mode?
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #11 of 23 Old 08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Go back to the bitstream track. The audio is better.

How many speakers do you have, 5 or 7?

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #12 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Go back to the bitstream track. The audio is better.

How many speakers do you have, 5 or 7?
I have a 5.1 setup.
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgrobinson View Post
I have a 5.1 setup.
I'm thinking I might try a better blu ray player for starters.
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #14 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 03:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Make sure your speakers are plugged into the SURROUND terminals, not the SURROUND BACK terminals.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Make sure your speakers are plugged into the SURROUND terminals, not the SURROUND BACK terminals.
Awesome thanks... that did the trick!

Do you think, though, that using the surround plugs instead of the back left and right plugs will cause a loss in audio quality or differentiation of sounds? By that I mean, by using the surround plugs, would it be like sending stereo audio to the rear surround speakers, so that they both just play the exact same sounds instead of properly separating various sounds depending on what's going on in the movie?

I only ask this because the surround plugs don't actually have a left and right like the front and rear plugs on the back of the AV receiver.

Thanks again!
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
You had your system setup incorrectly. The surround terminals are required for a 5.1 setup. The surround back terminals are if you are using and additional two speakers for a 7.1 setup. If you have only 5 speakers then you must use the surround terminals. Otherwise you'll have the problem that you just did which is hearing no content for the surrounds.

DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 have discrete content for the front left and right, center, and surround left and right channels. TrueHD and DTS-MA have discrete content for 5.1 channels and sometimes for 7.1 depending on the movie.

The surround back terminals can be reassigned as front height speakers and surround back, But they don't work unless you have a 7.1 setup

Quote:
I only ask this because the surround plugs don't actually have a left and right like the front and rear plugs on the back of the AV receiver.
Sure there is a left and right. The L is the top row and the R is the bottom row.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
If you don't' have the Onkyo NR607 owners manual you can get it here.
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/downloads/...7_manual_e.pdf

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
You had your system setup incorrectly. The surround terminals are required for a 5.1 setup. The surround back terminals are if you are using and additional two speakers for a 7.1 setup. If you have only 5 speakers then you must use the surround terminals. Otherwise you'll have the problem that you just did which is hearing no content for the surrounds.

DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 have discrete content for the front left and right, center, and surround left and right channels. TrueHD and DTS-MA have discrete content for 5.1 channels and sometimes for 7.1 depending on the movie.

The surround back terminals can be reassigned as front height speakers and surround back, But they don't work unless you have a 7.1 setup


Sure there is a left and right. The L is the top row and the R is the bottom row.
Great, thanks!

I guess I meant that the surround banana pegs don't actually have a L and R like the rest of the pegs do, but glad you cleared up that the left is the top.

Also, just curious, what do you mean by "discrete content"? (I will look it up when I can later, but just curious).

Thanks again!
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
The whole top row is left, the bottom row is right as indicated in the picture.

As far as discrete channel that means each channel has it own audio that is distinct from the other channels. For movies that means the front left and right channels have different audio, the center channel is mostly vocals and the surround left and right channels are mostly background and ambient sounds.

Before you switched your Blu Ray player to Bitstream you were only sending a two channel signal to the receiver and then it matrixed that into simulated 5.1. Not nearly as good as discrete 5.1 and definitely not as good a discrete high resolution audio such as TrueHD and DTS-MA.

You noticed how it sounded so much better when you switch from 2 channel PCM to Bitstream?

You can read more about it here.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TeK3Lw6..._surround.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onkyo Left and Right channels.PNG
Views:	12
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	208993  

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
The whole top row is left, the bottom row is right as indicated in the picture.

As far as discrete channel that means each channel has it own audio that is distinct from the other channels. For movies that means the front left and right channels have different audio, the center channel is mostly vocals and the surround left and right channels are mostly background and ambient sounds.

Before you switched your Blu Ray player to Bitstream you were only sending a two channel signal to the receiver and then it matrixed that into simulated 5.1. Not nearly as good as discrete 5.1 and definitely not as good a discrete high resolution audio such as TrueHD and DTS-MA.

You noticed how it sounded so much better when you switch from 2 channel PCM to Bitstream?

You can read more about it here.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TeK3Lw6..._surround.html
Ah yes, I see what you mean about the L and R just applying to each row in it's entirety. Thanks.

And ya, when I switched back to PCM, the receiver would only show the Dolby Pro Logic IIx on screen, which didn't sound nearly as good. Reading in the maual, I realized this was just trying to make a 2 channel seem like full surround. Waaay weaker and hardly the booming base I love. DTS-MA sounds awesome! I've been blasting the intro music to The Day After Tomorrow and can't get enough of it!

Thanks for all your help, it's really been great to get everything sounding great.

I posted another thread, but wouldn't mind asking you this. I purchased a used Onkyo TX-SR607 in great condition, but it didn't come with the Audyssey mic for calibration. I've played with the audio settings like speaker distance, levels, etc., and like how it sounds so far (still need to experiment with some crossover values).

My other forum post was whether I should bother purchasing an Audyssey mic or not. The only reply so far said that it was worth it since running the mic calibration will also set the EQ, which I haven't done. In all my online research, it seems that people are divided on whether they think the Audyssey calibration does a good job and is worth using or not.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again for your time!
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #21 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I have 3 receivers with Audyssey. I like what it does for me so I highly recommend getting the calibration microphone and using it.

Your Onkyo has a lower version of Audyssey than my Denon's do though. But still it helps adjusting the speaker settings for your room.

You can always turn it off if you feel it doesn't do a better job.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #22 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
I have 3 receivers with Audyssey. I like what it does for me so I highly recommend getting the calibration microphone and using it.

Your Onkyo has a lower version of Audyssey than my Denon's do though. But still it helps adjusting the speaker settings for your room.

You can always turn it off if you feel it doesn't do a better job.
Sounds great thanks.
rjgrobinson is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM
585-645-1006
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 46,444
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)
Liked: 1745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgrobinson View Post
In all my online research, it seems that people are divided on whether they think the Audyssey calibration does a good job and is worth using or not.
You'll find the vast majority of forum members who have posted of using Audyssey are very much in favor of the improved audio quality it produces.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
jdsmoothie is offline  
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off