Amp advice? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-14-2014, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Amp advice?

Now have 7.1 channels set up on the newly aquired HT. Have started to look at some amps. would like to run more to the KEF towers at minimum, just tried bi-wiring yesterday & though I haven't had a chance to listen much, really can't tell a difference (unless it only appears at higher volumes)
Purchased 2 of those bargain Lepai 40 watt 20 RMS amps because I thought they'd be useful on something yet don't really want to run them to the speakers before the HT. After all I've spent I need to chill for a minute otherwise I'd of gotten a 400$ & up Marantz or similar.
Been starting on a side DIY project where I've seen good wattage ratings on circuit boards which I don't mind working with if I can ever understand the wiring of multiple speakers inside the box I'm creating. Seen some circuitry on here that utilized a wood side of the box as the circuit board with a component that I've never seen (was like a can sized capacitor, yet didn't appear to be wired to anything else that has thrown me off.
Would a 200 watt board be worth the trouble? Would spending a small amount on a 2 × 120 Pyle be a complete waste & should I just wait until I can justify throwing 400-600 more at it?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page