Needing help with a reciever - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-15-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Needing help with a reciever

I have a Sony HTDDW660 and it was given to me everything works fine except I just recently ordered an optical cable, Now it wont show DTS audio it only says Dolby Pro Logic. I have the optical cable hooked to my tv and the other end into the receiver mentioned above my tv is set on PCM for the optical out and when I change that to Dolby Digital it still does not phase it. The device that I'm trying to get the DTS from is a Samsung Bdc5500 Blu ray player and it has all of the DTS decoding and everything in it. I also forgot to mention I do not have rear speakers I am working on getting some So I have the subwoofer its not powered aand two fronts and a center but I would think the DTS would still kick on. It shows the logo painted onto the receiver so it is DTS capable. I have it on AFD Auto and that is supposed to Decode the DTS but like I said all i get is Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Pro Logic 2. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-15-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 388
That's because your TV cannot bitstream a DTS signal. It converts it to 2 channel PCM.

Connect the optical output of your blu ray player directly to the Sony system and you'll be able to get DTS audio.

Afro GT
post #3 of 3 Old 08-15-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That worked thanks a lot. I thought a tv could transmit dts audio but I guess not. It explains now why my friends 5.1 wouldn't work coming from his tv. Thanks again I will be back if I need anything else.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page