No signal to Main Speakers in Denon AVR-2600 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
No signal to Main Speakers in Denon AVR-2600

I've just bought a very good condition Denon AVR-2600 for my son.
He only wants to us the 5.1 audio.
Center Sub and Rear speakers have full signal and work fine.
Main Speakers in either A or B mode receive no signal - just a low level buzz in the left and a hint of the song in the right not controllable by the master volume.
Headphones receive nothing with same result as the speakers - buzz and feedback of song.
I do not have a manual.
Is it possible that the previous owner turned off all Main speakers and the headphones or is it more likely to be broken?
Appreciate any help you can offer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 03:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Have you tried the speaker buttons under the flip down lid? They're circled in blue.

What do you mean " he only wants to use the 5.1 audio"?

Does have have a device that is sending 5.1 analog audio to the receiver? If so, what is it? It is possible the cables being used are bad? are the speakers connected to the correct terminals on the back?

You can download the manual from here if you need it...
http://www.u-manual.com/download-man...l#.U-59fmN0aDw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Denon AVR 2600 front.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	214081  

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; 08-15-2014 at 03:37 PM.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Have you tried the speaker buttons under the flip down lid? They're circled in blue.

What do you mean " he only wants to use the 5.1 audio"?

Does have have a device that is sending 5.1 analog audio to the receiver? If so, what is it? It is possible the cables being used are bad? are the speakers connected to the correct terminals on the back?

You can download the manual from here if you need it...
http://www.u-manual.com/download-man...l#.U-59fmN0aDw
Thanks for the quick reply. I have located and tested the Speaker A and B buttons you have circled and it's the same result for each.
Sources have been x box playing CD and phone - both delivering analog in 2 channels - leaving the processing to the AVR.
My son is not intereste din any ofthe video processing /switching - only the audio.
The most worrying thing for me is that the headphones deliver the same result as Main A and B.
I tried the link for the manual and my PC won't allow me to use this site as it detects a virus. Is it truly a safe site?
I think the only way I can truly check it is with the manual so any help with this would be really appreciated.
post #4 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Then maybe your very good condition Denon AVR-2600 wasn't really in very good condition. You can't contact the seller?

Afro GT
post #5 of 8 Old 08-15-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I tried the link for the manual and my PC won't allow me to use this site as it detects a virus. Is it truly a safe site?
I think the only way I can truly check it is with the manual so any help with this would be really appreciated.
I dunno if it is safe or not.

Afro GT
post #6 of 8 Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I'm a scrapper in Melbourne, Australia and found your great forum here.

I'm scrapping electronics all the time and pick-up a lot of my e-waste from residential homes, a bit like a rubbish removalist except it's all e-waste.
as you can imagine, I get my fair share of good stuff that seems just too good to scrap.

Being a collector at heart, I understand the importance of preserving better quality electronics for future generations to admire, ripping the guts out of electronics all day, even though I have no technical knowledge I can see the difference in quality and build, they certainly don't make things like they used too.
So i'm trying to educate myself to be able to spot the gems in the rough and then pass them on to enthusiasts to enjoy and pass them on again.

Anyway so i'm probably rambling and I don't want to hijack this thread but I found this forum searching for this particular model, the Denon AVR-2600.

I got one during this morning's pick-up run in almost new condition by the looks of it.
It seems these are reasonably sought after so I was wondering if anyone can put a rough value on this model?
Comes with manual and remote so it appears to be complete, powers on like a charm and looks impressive, what's it worth?

Claret2, I can scan any pages of the manual if you need it no problem.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 03:38 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1811 Post(s)
Liked: 1713
^^
Maybe $75-$100 USD.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #8 of 8 Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh ok thanks, US$100 seems like a good price to go by with a lot of the old higher end stuff.
might put it on ebay then as there doesn't seem to be any listed, except the remote control @$80 a pop, making the unit only worth $20?
Maybe I should just scrap it out and sell the remote on it's own.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page