Have to Share My UNBELIEVABLE Deal!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Have to Share My UNBELIEVABLE Deal!!

Recently tried out a few receivers. First an X4000 from Denon refurb for $849. Wanted something different from my old Pioneer SC-25. I liked it in 9.1 and liked the sound but had some issues. Then purchased a Yamaha 3030, and got it for $1299, and truly loved the 11.1 and the way it sounded. After a while I started reading about the Dolby Atmos stuff and started to want even more. Well after returning both for the Future I went back to my Sc-25 and was unhappy, but was willing to wait out the whole Dolby Atmos thing for another year or so. Then I happened to stop by a Brandsmart in FL and saw an X4000 sitting on a table considerably marked down. I had purchased and returned the Yamaha from them so I felt bad at this point. Nevertheless I decided to inquire about the X4000 that was tagged at $249.98. The salesperson said that he could give it to me for $199 because it did not have the Audyssey mic. I figured that would hold me over until Atmos and whatever DTS would come up with for the time being. So I proceeded to checkout and then the salesperson came to the checkout window with the Audyssey mic and am/fm antennas in a packet and I was stupified! What an Unbelievable Deal! Got an X4000 with the full 3 year warranty and all the accessories for just $216 tax included. And, if I choose, the financing on my Brandsmart card is for 9 months, that would be $24 bucks a month, if I needed! It just goes to show.....wait until the last possible moment when purchasing new gear...and how much of a mark-up there must really be for this stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I called them the other day and they said they had 1 floor model left but refused to ship it because they did not have the box..
I called every brand smart and 2 had floor models left both said $299. Suck I am looking for that avr and they refused to ship it..
post #3 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM

Wait I am the guy that pm,Ed you letting you know they only had the floor model left .. Thinking you would be a bud and offer to go buy it for me... I guess you got my pM..
post #4 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
Wait I am the guy that pm,Ed you letting you know they only had the floor model left .. Thinking you would be a bud and offer to go buy it for me... I guess you got my pM..
Check your inbox
post #5 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio.hobby View Post
Check your inbox
I was going t,o wait for the 4100 but if I can get a 4000 for $300-$400 that would be. AWSOME.... Thank you...
post #6 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonedcl View Post
I was going t,o wait for the 4100 but if I can get a 4000 for $300-$400 that would be. AWSOME.... Thank you...
I think that I sent you another message. But I really didn't want to go with a new unit once I heard about the whole Atmos thing. But this was too good to be true.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Damn, that's impressive.

I saved $150 because my recent switch was open box. Switched to the Onkyo TX-NR636 that will have the updated firmware for Atmos in a few weeks. Was using the Sony STR-1050 before (entry level Yamaha before that, believe it was a 375 or 377) & will say that the power was much better, it was impressive there. That's were it begins/ends then falls off a cliff. The options & adjustable settings on this Onkyo are on another planet compared to those (in fairness to the Yamaha it was there lower model over half the price) two. Can't believe all the options I have now & the ease of use. Was really surprised Sony was using such a terrible interface & the remote controls alone are similar to a 10-15 year advancement in tech. Aside from nice power, they Sony was complete junk
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - STR-1050 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page