Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[B][/B]Starting from scratch

Hello,

I just purchased a new home and plan on using the basement as my home theater room. I have done a ton of research online but will need some help, if you don't mind!!

So far I have purchased the OPPO BDP 103 Blu-Ray player. As well as the TiVo Roamio Plus. I plan on purchasing a 65 inch 4k TV and a 5.1 system with on-wall speakers for the F-L-and Center speakers and in-wall speakers for the surround speakers. I also have a PS 3 and a PS 4 and a Nintendo Wii U. I plan on purchasing a turntable and a preamp. I also plan on purchasing a Logitec Harmony remote.

But first I want to concentrate on the Receiver. I have approximately $1000 to spend. Not sure that I need a ton of bells and whistles. I do listen to music off my iPhone and computer a lot. I am a Sirius subscriber. I am probably going to be 50% movies/TV (sports fanatic), 30% music, and 20% gaming if that matters.

So far I have looked/listened to the Denon AVR-X3000 IN-Command, the Yamaha Aventage RX-A840, the Marantz 5009, and the Onkyo TX-NR737. My question is do you guys think there are any big differences between the receivers I have listed? Is there one that is clearly the best, is there one that is clearly one to stay away from? Is it a personal decision aka ford/chevy, toyota/honda?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page