Forum Jump: 

Old 08-30-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need some assistance with RX-A810/DT speakers

Hello,
Last year I upgraded my aging JVC AVR (120 watts per channel) to a newer yamaha rx-a810. Here is our current setup.

AVR - Yamaha RX-A810
Blu-ray player - 20GB PS3 (First release 2006 model)
Speakers - Front Definitive Technologies (FrontBP-2006TL, Center CLR-2300, Surrounds (not sure))
Wiring - In wall Monster 14 gauge THX certified.

I have never been happy with the new setup. I am not sure if I just don't have enough amp in the yahama or

what. Frequently I have to push the volume way up on it to get the kinda sound I want to hear. The JVC never had this problem. Also, I seem to have to use the sound presets (set on something like Drama or Stereo 7 CH) to get the volume to really get where it needs to be and the audio to sound fuller. I have the speakers sub-amp turned up about 1/4 to 1/2 on the entire front sound stage.

Last night during a viewing of spider man my center channel speaker began to flutter (for lack of a better word). It would die down then start again a few minutes later. I had to unplug the speaker to get it to stop doing it. I have no idea if the speaker amp or driver is damaged now or what. But before the movie I was messing with the receiver trying to get better sound out of it and I may have messed with the wrong setting.

I am not sure what all of my settings should be set to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.