Step down transformer for Denon AVR-1513 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-31-2014, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Step down transformer for Denon AVR-1513

I purchased a Denon AVR-1513 from the US and I want to use it in India. The power requirements are 110V at 60 Hz. What type of step down transformer should I use with this AV receiver? What should be the power capacity of the transformer? I was suggested to purchase a 1KVA capacity transformer. Does that sound right?
Where can I purchase the transformer in Bangalore? I saw a Maxine 1KVA transformer on amazon.in for 4.5K. Is that too expensive?
Once I decide to buy the transformer how can I test it before connecting the receiver, to make sure that my AV Receiver won't get damaged?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-12-2016, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Dsouza View Post
I purchased a Denon AVR-1513 from the US and I want to use it in India. The power requirements are 110V at 60 Hz. What type of step down transformer should I use with this AV receiver? What should be the power capacity of the transformer? I was suggested to purchase a 1KVA capacity transformer. Does that sound right?
Where can I purchase the transformer in Bangalore? I saw a Maxine 1KVA transformer on amazon.in for 4.5K. Is that too expensive?
Once I decide to buy the transformer how can I test it before connecting the receiver, to make sure that my AV Receiver won't get damaged?
Hi Aaron,

Did you purchase "Maxine 1KVA transformer"? If so, Is is it performing good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page