Outdoor audio. 2.1 Preferred. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Outdoor audio. 2.1 Preferred.

I'm setting up an outdoor area around my pool and want to have a setup for music that will take little to no prep each time I want to use it.

In a perfect world, I would have a 2.1 system sitting outside that would work just like the receiver inside. My patio is covered so the receiver wouldn't get rained on but I'm honestly not sure of my options.

I want to use these speakers:
Sub
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0027G3E6...=ITAY28IHAP3OY

Speakers:
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00378KMF...AFUJ74LI&psc=1

What do you all think of this? I'm sure someone has done this before. I was in best buy to pick something else up and mentioned this to an audio guy and he told me to buy a Sonos... i need the speakers to handle weather. I'm not setting all this up till October as i'm finishing some of the construction on the patio this month.

Thanks to those of you that helped with my man cave last year! It's rocking over here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-03-2014, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
I saw that sub when I was looking at options for audio on my deck, so curious if anyone here has tried it so will at least subscribe for that.

I figure I'll just take one of my wireless subs outside if I really need one, but don't know about leaving one out there (deck isn't enclosed at all) like I will with the speakers I chose http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...m_campaign=pla and am pretty happy so far with them. I can't get too loud as my deck overlooks a few neighbors' places, too.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought the Def Tech AW6500 for speakers and found they put out great bass when positioned correctly. They run about 400 for a pair on ebay new.

I found the base to be adequate, but after seeing that sub you posted I too would be curious as to how it sounds in the outdoors. If anyone has any experience with that sub please reply

70" Sharp

Harman Kardon 3700

Klipsch Rb-51 II's

Klipsch Rc-52 II

Klipsch SS-1's

PSW12

Love me some Dave Matthews Band, Dave and Tim, David Gray, or Ray Lamontagne
post #4 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 125
The Polk outdoor products are excellent sounding and well-built.
However, U didn't post what amplifier U are using...
Keep in mind, when running outdoor speakers U don't have the normal room reflections so make sure U have adequate amplifier power output headroom. U can use either a 4-channel or a 2-channel, a 4-channel will give U more control for levels and balance. They have reasonable sensitivity but use a quality brand amplifier with an output power rating of a minimum of 50W RMS/channel..

Just my $0.01...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
outdoor , Polk Audio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page