Sony ES Integrator Friendly AVRs at CEDIA 2014 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2888 Post(s)
Liked: 4549
Sony ES Integrator Friendly AVRs at CEDIA 2014

Sony showed three new ES series AVRs at CEDIA 2014. The company decided to make its products as integrator-friendly as possible, resulting in its new line of rack-mountable models. Features include the ability to perform all setup functions through a web browser, or even with the front panel. A magnetic cover hides the front panel controls, except for the few that a customer would use, such as the volume knob.

All setup functions are available from the front panel of the new Sony ES AVRs.

The new AVRs play nice with Sonos thanks to Music Connect, which detects Sonos network traffic and plays it back without the need for another input device such as a Sonos Connect. Sonos apps can play directly through the new receivers.

Back panel of the STR-ZA3000ES

Back panel of the STR-ZA2000ES

Back panel of the STR-ZA1000ES

Sony's new ES lineup forgoes streaming music services and apps, the idea being that other devices will provide that functionality.

The three new Sony ES AVRs are the STR-ZA1000ES ($900), the STR-ZA2000ES ($1200), and the STR-ZA3000ES ($1600). All three are 7.2 receivers, sorry no Atmos. Sony did not have any press materials available, if I find specs I'll update this post.

Like AVS Forum on Facebook
Follow AVS Forum on Twitter
+1 AVS Forum on Google+

Back to AVS Coverage of CEDIA Expo 2014

Mark Henninger

Last edited by imagic; 09-13-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone confirm this is a true statement?

"The new AVRs play nice with Sonos thanks to Music Connect, which detects Sonos network traffic and plays it back without the need for another input device such as a Sonos Connect. Sonos apps can play directly through the new receivers."

I want to buy into Sonos with my new ZA3000ES but Crutchfield is telling me this wont work with my receiver. That I would have to put Sonos directly into my TV and bypass the receiver were I currently send all signals to the TV from the receiver via HDMI.