AVS Forum banner

Single input amp connections. ATI 1505

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  kingpin111 
#1 ·
Would someone please tell me how you would connect a receiver like a Yamaha RX-A2040 to an ATI 1505? :confused:
The back of the Yamaha has 2 pre outs per channel which I've seen and used before.
The back of the ATI only has unbalanced rca input connector.
I've been looking for answers for a while now and have found nothing.
Am I missing something here?

I've attached a picture of the ATI amp I found online.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
2 pre-outs per channel? HUH?

You would use 5 RCA cables from the white block pre-out, or 7 if you had a 1507.

Front white + red
surround white + red
surround back white + red
Center black

The front (rear) subwoofer sockets are bit confusing, what does it say in the manual?

#3 ·
It is a 5 channel amplifier. That means that you want to connect the main (L&R), surround (L&R) and center channels to it and connect the speakers relating to those channels to the amplifier outputs. If you are using rear surrounds you can connect them directly to the receiver.

#4 · (Edited)
Oh man. This is what I get for posting way past my bedtime.
I figured it out this morning.

The receivers pre outs are situated where they usually stack 2 rca outputs (white & red) for the front speaker on the rear panel.
It never dawned on me last night that one was for the "left speaker" and one was for the "right speaker".
In my head I was thinking there was 2 outputs for each speaker. [bangs head]

Although this morning it was abundantly clear that I posted this question and feel a little embarrassed. :eek:

It's all good. Please ignore this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.