Sony amp/receiver changes input setting when power is shut off - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-19-2014, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sony amp/receiver changes input setting when power is shut off

I have a Sony STR-DH720 running my home theater. I have a new Samsung 65" UN65H7150 TV and I have a Direct TV mini-client box connected to the receiver by an HDMI cable in the SAT/CATV input. Then an HDMI cable from the receiver out to the HDMI 1 in on the tv. When I shut the system down with the Genie remote, it shuts the tv, amp/receiver, and tv off. When I turn the system back on, all 3 power on but the receiver changes from SAT/CATV to the TV setting which gives me picture but no sound. I have to physically change the amp/receiver from TV to SAT/CATV to have sound. How do I resolve this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-19-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the exact same problem. I didn't find a solution. It all started when I pushed on my Samsung remote tools and choosed anynet+..

I also have a logitech harmony one and it does the same.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Turn off any CEC settings on your Sony receiver and TV. CEC is consumer electronics control, which operates over HDMI

Looks like the TV and receiver are sensing each other so the receiver is changing to the TV input.

If you want your Genie remote to turn off everything then you cant disable this function and your stuck with this problem.

Otherwise get a Harmony remote and turn off CEC functions.

Afro GT
post #4 of 5 Old 09-19-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Disable any type of HDMI control on your TV and receiver. Manufacturers like to give their implementations different names like VieraLink, AnyNet, SimpleLink, etc. Check you manual for whatever it's called on your product. This feature allows the components to communicate and change inputs as what they think it should be. Sometimes they don't get it right. It only works well on paper.

Edit: Looks like afrogt beat me to it by a few minutes due to my hunt and peck typing style.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-19-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I have posted this point many times...
The Samsung display is not HDMI certified, and has not passed the pertinent component interoperability testing. Samsung does this to save $ and shorten their time to market. Additionally they have chosen to revise some of the CEC software, and for some odd reason certain functions are only possible with other Samsung components. These issues frequently arise when using an AVR that utilize an HDMI repeater. Samsung should have stuck with the HDMI CEC standards as the majority of Japanese display brands have done...

If possible return the Samsung display and exchange it for another brand...

Just my $0.02...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page