AVS Forum banner

Receiver and Sonos Question

446 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bro001 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of renovating a new house and decided to put some in wall speakers and surround sound in a couple of rooms. I did a little research and decided this was a project I could probably tackle myself but I'm now reading that there might be some flaws with my design.

Ultimately, I have two zones on my main floor, a 5.1 surround system and a 2 speaker zone in my kitchen area. I was planning on using a Yamaha RXV577 and sonos connect. I was going to use zone B on the receiver as my kitchen speakers and the 5.1 as zone A. Will this work? I'm reading that there are some issues with digital output to zone B. I'm also noticing that there is no digital out on the receiver which is probably an issue as well.

Is there a better receiver for this application? I was trying to save money by not purchasing a sonos amp for my kitchen zone. Is there any way to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

#3 ·
I have one sonos connect connected to 3 receivers.
All the outputs including the two digital outputs are hot, so I ran one, the rca digital out to an old Yamaha RXV-2092 via a RG6 with rca terminators, the next optical output goes to my new Denon AVR-X5200W and the left and right analog go to a Denon AVR-4308.
Works like a charm!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.