Pioneer Elite SC-87 Thread?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old Yesterday, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pioneer Elite SC-87 Thread??

Is this listed here? I can't seem to find a thread with the SC-87 from Pioneer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili8 View Post
Is this listed here? I can't seem to find a thread with the SC-87 from Pioneer.
There isn't a dedicated thread to the new Pioneer SC-87, there is one for the SC-89 which has some discussion of the SC-87 also, but the new Pioneer's do not seem to be receiving as much intrest as the older units did.

There is a thread called the Official Pioneer SC/89/87/85/82/81 & VSX-80/44 thread, but it too does not seem to receive much attention.

Most discussion seems to be not focusing on the AVR's as much as Dolby Atmos in the official thread for the home theatre version of it. Discussions on how different AVR's are handling the new sound format are found there.

I too was hoping for an official SC-87 thread but it does not look as though that will happen unless you or I, or someone else decides to start one
post #3 of 9 Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert816 View Post
There isn't a dedicated thread to the new Pioneer SC-87, there is one for the SC-89 which has some discussion of the SC-87 also, but the new Pioneer's do not seem to be receiving as much intrest as the older units did.

There is a thread called the Official Pioneer SC/89/87/85/82/81 & VSX-80/44 thread, but it too does not seem to receive much attention.

Most discussion seems to be not focusing on the AVR's as much as Dolby Atmos in the official thread for the home theatre version of it. Discussions on how different AVR's are handling the new sound format are found there.

I too was hoping for an official SC-87 thread but it does not look as though that will happen unless you or I, or someone else decides to start one
Maybe because Onkyo bought this brand/part of the business from Pioneer? I was also looking forward to this as my brother inlaw has an older model and it seems to be a solid AVR. Anyhow, thank you for the info

post #4 of 9 Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM

You are welcome sir.

I have 3 of Pioneer's SC models, the SC-07, SC-57, and just received the new SC-87, although I have not installed the new unit as yet. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do the Atmos setup.

If you have questions about the SC-87 I would look to the Official Dolby Atmos home theater thread and ask questions there.

There are some really great people here on AVS and are very helpful, even though my profile lists me as a newbie, I've been here for years.

If there is any questions I can answer I'll certainly attempt to assist you if I can.
post #5 of 9 Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Long time & experienced Pio owner here too (VSX-49txi, 59txi, SC-09TX, SC-68)
If any questions, I can also help.

Steve
post #6 of 9 Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Maybe rename the thread to encompass the top 3 Elite models for this year since they are very similar and all 3 are Atmos ready. While I don't own an Elite right now, I've still got a Pioneer in use and would be happy to help with questions.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
post #7 of 9 Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You are welcome sir.

I have 3 of Pioneer's SC models, the SC-07, SC-57, and just received the new SC-87, although I have not installed the new unit as yet. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do the Atmos setup.

If you have questions about the SC-87 I would look to the Official Dolby Atmos home theater thread and ask questions there.

There are some really great people here on AVS and are very helpful, even though my profile lists me as a newbie, I've been here for years.

If there is any questions I can answer I'll certainly attempt to assist you if I can.
Thanks! I believe they dropped the THX certification, but I was wondering if this AVr still would meet the THX Ultra2 requirement for larger rooms +3,000sqft and longer viewing distance?

post #8 of 9 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM

Even though THX Ultra2 certification isn't there, it still uses the same Class D3 amplification as the previous models @ 140 watts per channel, so it should not be an issue.

I believe Chris from Pioneer here in the forums stated that due to time constaints and budget issues they were unable to get THX Certification on this years model.

Last edited by robert816; Yesterday at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
post #9 of 9 Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Even though THX Ultra2 certification isn't there, it still uses the same Class D3 amplification as the previous models @ 140 watts per channel, so it should not be an issue.

I believe Chris from Pioneer here in the forums stated that due to time constaints and budget issues they were unable to get THX Certification on this years model.
I figured but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks for the comment

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page