Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Problem with Denon AVR-X3000 and new Samsung 4k TV

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me out here -- I should probably cross-post in the TV forum as well...

I've had an AVR-X3000 since they were first released and it has worked flawlessly. This weekend I purchased a new Samsung UN65HU8550 TV and after hooking it up I am having a couple of annoying issues.

I am using the Denon as my hub:

Scientific Atlanta digital STB (using CBL/SAT HDMI in)
PS4 (Using GAME HDMI in)
Oppo BDP103 (Using BLURAY HDMI in)
XBox 360 (Using DVD HDMI in)

All controlled by an old Harmony One which was working perfectly with my old set up.

Connected using Amazon HDMI 1.4 cables.

I am using the ARC-enabled HDMI monitor out on the Denon into the ARC-enabled HDMI input 4 on the Samsung.

Here's the first problem: when I use the Harmony One to turn on the system, everything powers up fine but within 15 seconds, the Denon always switches inputs to "TV" which results in a black screen since there is nothing actually assigned to that input.

I've confirmed that all of my Denon input assignments are correct, so I cannot figure out what would be triggering the receiver to switch inputs -- especially to the TV input. This occurs with both the STB and the Oppo (haven't confirmed it on the game consoles yet).

The second issue is related to the Samsung Smart control universal remote. I considered dropping the Harmony One and just running the Sammy clicker (I like the motion control) but it doesn't seem able to recognize the AVR-X3000. The receiver shows up in the TVs database during setup, but it fails all the tests to confirm that the commands actually work, and thus won't complete set-up.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 08:09 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked: 1716
Welcome to AVSForum!

There is a whole thread dedicated to just last year's 2013 Denon AVRs. Review posts 3-6 for more helpful information as well as the following post on your specific issue as to why using the HDMI(ARC) feature is causing the AVR to switch to "TV Audio".

The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks for the quick reply JD, I must have scanned right over that critical section of the post!

Looks like I'll be going the optical cable route.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've had the same problem for about two years now. I've got a 2012 ES8000 with a Yamaha receiver and Harmony One. Whenever I power on my gear, the receiver always jumps to Audio 1, which the input for ARC. I just press the help button on the Harmony and that takes care of it. You can probably go into the Harmony software and rig something. Maybe adding a delay, Help, then OK. Good luck.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page