Yamaha RX-V675 sound cuts in and out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-30-2014, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha RX-V675 sound cuts in and out

Had my RX-V675 for 2-3 years now with no issues, but then one night we were awakened by a popping sound coming out of the right front speaker (we have a 5.1 setup). We solved it by just turning off the receiver (which we normally leave on). However, the next day, the main audio output wasn't working.

We are trying to decide how to remedy the situation. Here are some more details:

- The unit functions normally, except for the main audio output
- The main audio output has been seen cutting in and out (going from working perfectly for 3 seconds, to shutting off for 5, working for 2, etc.) but most of the time doesn't output any sound. This was during AirPlay audio when Zone2 was on.
- Zone2 works fine
- Video output works fine

Seems like it might be a fixable issue. I have done a simple repair on older audio equipment once before under the supervision of a more experienced person, and wouldn't have a problem attacking this POS with a soldering iron if I needed to, but just need some help and guidance figuring out the root problem. This thing is pretty complicated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-30-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

A bit more information:

- The subwoofer seems to work, and gets louder with volume controls on the speaker
- There is a "fuzz" sound coming from the center speaker, which gets louder when the volume is turned up on the receiver but is only audible above +0db volume setting

Also I did notice fraying on the right front speaker wire about midway along the length, but I repaired it with a new connection. Was hopeful this would do it, but it didn't help.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-30-2014, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

After disconnecting the optical audio connection from the satellite box to the receiver, the subwoofer and speakers are silent... so that sound is not coming from HDMI.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - rx-v675 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page