A little help on receiver features, please. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A little help on receiver features, please.

I am looking for a new replacement receiver. I have been looking at specs on receivers and there are 2 features I want that I have been unable to tell from the specs if the receiver will accomplish them. First is the ability to have a 2nd zone (stereo is fine) while the main room continues in surround mode. My current receiver drops the main room to stereo if the 2nd zone is active. Second is the ability to upmix 2 channel sound to a simulated surround mode. When looking at a specs list what would tell me if a unit will do these 2 things?

Also what is best supported audio formats to look for? 99% of the use for the receiver will for TV and movies.

Also again, In reading thru the threads here I kept running across mentions of accessories 4 less. After looking at the site is seems like a good place to get the most bang for the buck. Is this a correct impression?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 05:43 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2003 Post(s)
Liked: 1750
^^
1. The new Denon X3100W and Marantz SR6009 can play stereo 2.0 to Zone 2 while the same HDMI 5.1 source is playing in the main zone.
2. Most any 5.1 AVR (to include those listed above) can upmix 2.0 audio to 5.1.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors