Yamaha RX-V675 HDMI OUT BLINKING - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 9 Old 12-08-2014, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yamaha RX-V675 HDMI OUT BLINKING

I have searched and read nearly 30 pages and no one has reported any fix to this issue that I can see.

I have a EPSON 710HD projector, with a quality HDMI cable between the projector and the 675. It worked fine with my RX-V377....

If I turn on the projector, then the receiver the HDMI Out will flash multiple times and it will never display. Until I turn the projector off and back on.
IF I turn on the receiver first, then the projector, it will display just fine until I switch inputs, then it will do the same thing, power cycle the projector and all is well again, after 4 of 5 flashes....

It seems to my untrained eye, that it's a handshake issue or maybe a HDCP incompatibility or something...

Can anyone explain why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

I have installed the latest 1.6v firmware....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-08-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1877 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #3 of 9 Old 12-08-2014, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

The cable is a 50ft'er, and pulled through the ceiling from the hallway into the theatre room. Changing it out is not feasible, this did not occur with my rxv377 that I have used for months before upgrading to the 675, because the 675 was on sale for $299
post #4 of 9 Old 12-08-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1877 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Well, I would try to find/buy a temporary cable to at least eliminate it as a possibility. Cables and connectors do go bad sometimes and different electronics can have varying sensitivities to the signal.

AVR: Denon 4520ci, FL/R: Klipschorn, CC: Klipsch RC-64ii, SUR: Polk LS/FX x4, FH: Klipsch RB-51ii x2, SUB: PSA T-18 x2, DISP: Mitsubishi WD-73740, BluRay: PS3 & BDP-S5100, Remote: URC MX-700
--------------------------------------------------
Getting Started with REW
Audyssey 101
Audyssey FAQ
post #5 of 9 Old 12-08-2014, 08:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 178
The projector TV should be turned ON 1st...
Next the AVR, then the source components..

Just my $0.02...
post #6 of 9 Old 12-14-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I am having the same issue... tried a bunch of different HDMI cables.

The only component I can get to go through the HDMI inputs on the 675 is my DISH Hopper... but any other device I try to hook up to it the screen and audio flash.

Other devices I tried include:

DIRECTV HR-24
Sony Playstation 4
Apple TV
Sony BDP 507 Bluray Player

I am using the ARC from my Samsung HU8550 4K TV. I tried putting another TV on it as a test and still doing the same thing.

If I plug the non working devices direct into the tv they play fine. I have tried all kinds of HDMI cables with no luck. Again only my DISH hopper works through the receiver directly.

Scott
SatelliteGuys.US / MultiChannel News
post #7 of 9 Old 12-18-2014, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to call Yamaha about it this saturday, if they're closed I'll call monday.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-05-2015, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Having the same issue with HDMI sound not working. The sound won't work from D* box -> Yamaha RX-V675 -> TV. Sometimes nothing (video or sound) works from Bluray -> receiver -> TV. I have swapped HDMI cables, TV's, Blurays...Only way I have been able to successfully mitigate the issue is by using component cables instead of HDMI and that's not ideal (or even really acceptable). Seems that the sequence of power ups helps at times, but it doesn't always work.

I really believe that it is an HDMI handshake issue, just no idea how to fix it without help from Yamaha.
post #9 of 9 Unread Today, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I had a similar issue with comcast motorola DVR's, PS3 and Sony blu-ray. This was via the RX-V473 receiver. Well, somewhat similar. Every time I shut off the TV (LG 55"-55LH40) and switched to a different input on the receiver, when I went back to the cable box, it would reset to SD resolution and I'd have to go into the DVR's "off" menu to set it back to 1080i. If I had the cable box directly wired to the TV, it was fine. The whole reason I bough the 473 was because the yamaha I had before was too old and didn't have HDMI and I didn't want to have 4 HDMI cables going to my TV and have to deal with all the stupid adjustments on the TV for each input. Mostly because I didn't want to deal with the HDMI to TV, fiber or coax for audio to the receiver.

There was a setting in the receiver that I'm now forgetting... Myabe the HDMI-Standby SYnc or Standby Through. I can't recall, but pretty sure it was one of those. After changing those (or one of those), it would go to standby and the DVR would retain it's 1080i setting, even during a power outage. I now have the xfinity dvr and it doesn't seem to matter what setting I use, it retains the resolution setting when I power things down or switch from one to another. The more I think about it, the more I think it was when I powered down the receiver. If I left the receiver on, it would switch fine, but as soon as I flipped to standby (or lost power due to power outage), it would reset the output to SD on the DVR.

For what it's worth, I use relatively cheap dynex HDMI or monoprice cables on all my devices and they now work fine (12' or less is all I have). I only ran across this thread because I was looking at the rx-v675 because of it's dialog volume/height settings that I don't have.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - rx-v675 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page