AVS Forum banner

Suggestions: 3D receiver without breaking the bank

805 views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Adam2001 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I need some advice on a possible receiver upgrade. I am thinking of purchasing a new 3D TV early next year or if crazy prices come back on Samsung on Amazon again. What receivers would you recommend under $400 for this. Only musts are having A&B speakers so i can continue to power my outside speakers. 7.1 is ideal but not needed. My current receiver has pass-through but no 3D. I have xbox one or a ps3 for 3d so no option to run 2 hdmi's for bypassing receiver. Thanks everyone.

#2 ·
#4 ·
The X1000 has Zone 2 capability, however you will need an external amp. An inexpensive t-amp should do just fine.

What are your outdoor speakers?

#5 ·
#10 ·
It's the "Zone 2" feature that you want to use for the outdoor speakers.

You will have the ability to play the same source as the mains system, or a different source, with separate volume control as well. The 2nd zone can be turned on or off independently of zone 1.

From the page for the X2000 I linked to:

Enjoy Music Two Rooms
You can configure the AVR-X2000 for a full 7.1 channel system, or you can choose to have a 5.1 channel system in the main room and connect a pair of stereo speakers that are located in another room. Enjoy thrilling surround sound in the main room while at the same time others can enjoy stereo sound from different source in the second room.
In addition to this, you can use an inexpensive external amp and keep the ability to do 7.1 on the main system while keeping all the "Zone 2" benefits.

#11 ·
On the Denon X2000, the Surround Back L & R speaker posts can be assigned as zone 2 speakers in the receiver's set up menu. My X2000 drives Boston Acoustics Voyager 6 outdoor speakers on my patio in zone 2, sounds great, plenty of power. Zone 2 has independent volume control and can be turned on/off via the remote.

#17 ·
If you are considering 4K in the future, I'd wait... The HDMI and HDCP specs are going to be updated to allow 4K playback when the 4K Blu-Ray players come out next year. The current crop of receivers do not support the next gen players...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.