Need help connecting multiple devices to Shimian 2560x1440 mon - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-16-2014, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need help connecting multiple devices to Shimian 2560x1440 mon

I was not sure which forum to post this in so if it is in the wrong section please move it.

So I have this monitor http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Refurbi...item20f1090a5b
as you can see it only has one Dual link Dvi Input and that is it. My graphics card is the Radeon R7950
The Amp I use is the Glow Audio Amp One tube amp. It has a built in usb DAC as well as RCA connections
I do not want to have to buy a TV for my office and I want to be able to connect multiple devices to my monitor.
The devices will be a Playstation 4, Amazon Fire Tv, and my computer for now.

I was thinking about buying this HDMI switcher from Monoprice because it also has a stereo out: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
But I am not sure how this will work because of the Dual link DVI and 2560 resolution.
Can I just run hdmi from each device and then get a hdmi to dvi d cable to run to the monitor? I do not think this will give me 2560 for my PC.
Solutions?
Lastly, I need to run a USB cable from my PC to the AMP for sound and with the other devices I will be using the RCA connection. The amp can not switch between them. Is there any switch I can buy that would have a usb connection and stereo connection I can switch between?

Thanks

Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2014, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - 2560x1440 by PriceGrabber.com