Hello AVS Forum. I resultantly picked up a non-working B&K Components AV5000 5 channel amplifier for less then a scrap metal price.
I opened it up and found via a visual inspection;
On the power supply board;
R1 & R2 2W 100ohm resistors overheated and one had failed open
R1, R1A, R1B (5 total) looked to have overheated in the past, so I replaced them, the old ones were a tiny bit out of range, but still functional.
C2, C2B, C12, C12A, C12B
A couple of the 100uF 100V capacitors looked a bit swollen, so I replaced them all.
Two of the + side fuses were blown, Ch. 1 & 4
I replaced everything that VISUALLY looked damaged. I am worried that whatever caused these problems will materialize when I plug the unit in to test it.
Suggestions on other things to test while she is apart and before applying power? I'm on a really tight budget, so if I cant get this thing running, no music for me for awhile.....
Thank you in advance!