Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon X4100W Volume Problem

Hi All,

I just purchased and set up the X4100W and have noticed a troubling problem. Every once in a while, the volume on the receiver shuts off while I'm watching TV. If I press a volume button it turns back on but this is not a solution for me. I've turned off the Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Sound options but I still have the same problem crop up every once in a while. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a solution?

Thanks,

DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 08:59 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2254 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
^^
Audio dropouts from a cable/sat box is common with all brands of AVRs although especially common with Verizon FIOS. Work around is to connect cable box HDMI --> TV and cable box Optical --> AVR. For more information on the AVR, review posts 2-5 in the Owner's thread.

The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Audio dropouts from a cable/sat box is common with all brands of AVRs although especially common with Verizon FIOS. Work around is to connect cable box HDMI --> TV and cable box Optical --> AVR. For more information on the AVR, review posts 2-5 in the Owner's thread.

The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)
Thanks for the reply. I never had this problem with my Denon 3808CI I just replaced. By dropouts do you mean audio cuts off then comes back on because that isn't the problem I'm having. My problem is that the audio goes to an extremely low level and stays there unless I hit the volume button on the remote. It's happened at least 6 times in the last hour. It seems to happen right after commercials end and the TV program starts up again.
post #4 of 6 Unread Today, 04:26 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2254 Post(s)
Liked: 1825
^^
This could be caused by the Dynamic Volume setting, although if you have it disabled, then give a soft reset a try by simply unplugging the power cords from both the TV and AVR for 10 minutes and disconnect the HDMI cables. If this only occurs on certain channels, it is more likely station related.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; Direct line 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 6 Unread Today, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
This could be caused by the Dynamic Volume setting, although if you have it disabled, then give a soft reset a try by simply unplugging the power cords from both the TV and AVR for 10 minutes and disconnect the HDMI cables. If this only occurs on certain channels, it is more likely station related.
Thank you again for the reply! I will try that. If worst comes to worst I will try switching over to optical. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I upgraded to the X4100W was because of the full HDMI ports with audio. My 3808CI only had 2 full HDMI ports with audio. The rest were HDMI video so I had all of these optical and RCA cables going around for the various video inputs.
post #6 of 6 Unread Today, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog View Post
Thank you again for the reply! I will try that. If worst comes to worst I will try switching over to optical. Unfortunately, one of the reasons I upgraded to the X4100W was because of the full HDMI ports with audio. My 3808CI only had 2 full HDMI ports with audio. The rest were HDMI video so I had all of these optical and RCA cables going around for the various video inputs.
I tried it with the optical cable and it still does the same thing. I emailed Denon and they told me to use it in multichannel stereo mode. What kind of solution is that?!? If this continues I'm going to have to return this receiver since this is extremely annoying.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors