Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Today, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need recommendation for receiver - for polk Rti-A9

Hello

Here is newbie, with a bunch of questions, that I am hoping experts here can help with.
My listening habits are 70% movies, 30% music.
MY current receiver is an Onkyo TX-SR 607.

I just purchased Polk Audio RTI-A9 for fronts (Right or wrong, I liked the way they sounds when I was listening to a bunch of speaker, and get a reasonable deal on them).
I want build my system around this, and need a recommendation for a sub & center channel, and possibly the receiver too.

My receiver is an Onkyo - TX-SR607, before anybody jumps on me, i know RTI-A9 are power hungry, and need a better receiver or separate Amp (607 does not have a pre-pouts ), can I just use something like Emotiva XPA-3 to drive the fronts, and use the Onkyo to drive the rest.

I also have an older, but very faithful HK-80MKII receiver sitting in the basement gathering dust; would that be option to drive the fronts? May be I just need a new receiver, what would be a good match for RTi-A9s.

For center channel - I know they have to be timbre matched based on what the experts say on this for, so my choices are Polk CSI 4 , 5 or 6 ; what is the better choice.?
I know some recommend the same speaker as the front, would another RTI-A9 be an option here ?

Sub - The form seems to overall suggest a sub like - Outlaw or SVS' would they be better choice than the polk subs ( PSW 125 or 110)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have projection screen, so we got three RTi A9 for our LCR. Sounds great, but sometimes I wonder if the A6 would have had clearer dialogue with the onkyo.

We had been using an Onkyo TX NR808, but we had HDMI issues. So I just got a Denon AVR 4520cl from an authorized Amazon vendor.

We ran the Denon for three days driving just the three A9's and two A3's for the front upper. It sounded great for movies, but i didnt really push it.

Yesterday we added an Emotiva XPA -3 for the LCR. The Denon will supply the front uppers, sides and rears as soon as I figure out the mounting in our non perfect space.

The other runner up for me is the Denon x4100 for the Atmos uppers, but decided to wait for the equipment to mature first.

Our Space
PSN: brotj7
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
receiver polk rti-a9 center