Sub - Polk PSW 550

Following is my choice :
Action Movies and Classical Music.

My options are:
1) Pioneer LX-58 - Rs 111000
2) Yamaha 677 - Rs 51000
3) Denon x2100 - Rs 57000
4) Onkyo 636 - Rs 57000

Except Pioneer, all are 7.2 and only Pioneer and Onkyo have Atmos. Pioneer is double in terms of price as others and has high reviews in every forum. But is it work the double price that need to be paid? My room shall be aquostics nightmare as of now and is 12 x 15.

I need to make decision in a day or 2 before dealer closes the discount offer.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Hi, you didn't mention what amp you own currently or perhaps this is an all new system? The reason I ask is it's good to know what you're familiar with in terms of features, sound quality and usage. Looking at your options though and your comment about the room and it's size, I'd consider the Pioneer not worth it. The Pioneer could adequately fill a large room well, but since yours is a medium size with acoustical issues, I'd select the Denon with its superior room correction system, Audyssey. I've owned 4 Denons over the years(and 3 Onkyos) and you can't go wrong with Denon. The feature set is pretty good, and it'll drive your speakers well.

Something you might want to consider is ways to improve the acoustics of your room. There are threads on room treatments and techniques that might help you.

Good luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 01-23-2015, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks audio4life.
I agree with you on my room issues but that is gonna change soon. However I auditioned its atmos n found it excellent n got taken away else I would have finalized Yamaha 677. I have onkyo htib that I now find useless ....due to "upgrade me" virus.
Though I may not be using full functions of it but at $ 1500 it looks well built.reading so. + ive reviews made me think about lx58 again despite it being double the price of Yamaha 677. Do you think it is still worth buying?.as you know upgrades are very costly later.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 169
It sounds like the Pioneer is a pretty nice unit. I'm a Denon fan these days with the Audyssey room correction, but all of the major brands make excellent models, especially once you get to the upper lines. I do think the Pioneer would sound better than any of the other units you've mentioned, it is more money though. I think the Denon X4100 would be the equal of the LX-58, but if you're good with Pioneer you should go with them.
post #5 of 6 Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks audio4life

The Pioneer has more features (plus better sound) that I shall not be utilizing for next 1 year. If I go with yamaha now then the cost of upgrade in future shall be high. Hence the dilemma. The Price difference between both models is very high. Pioneer costs twice as much. Do you see any other benefits that i shall get if I go for pioneer now?
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

adding more confusion

Hello All,
If the above questions / confusion i was told that Yamaha a840 series is better than 677 but is pricey. I think now my question should be :
which is the best receiver for my Polks among following:
Yamaha 677 / 840
Pioneer lx58

I am not looking for very costly ones.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
denon x2100 onkyo 636 , pioneer lx-58 , yamaha 677
Gear in this thread - lx-58 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page