Pioneer VSX-S510 Spotify/Netradio OSD flickering - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Pioneer VSX-S510 Spotify/Netradio OSD flickering

Hi everyone.
I have my pioneer vsx-s510 connected to my Panasonic tx-50asw654 (hdmi2 because of arc) and it`s working fine ... But when I switch to play Spotify sound or Netradio the menu I get from my avr (title, now playing etc.) it`s only sent in 576p and the hole picture is flickering...
I also tried other HDMI cables, but no way... It`s still flickering..
Any of you guys have an idea how to fix it?
It`s only these to menus/apps flickering... The normal osd isn`t.
I habe read about a flicker reduction Option, but it seems my avr doesn`t habe this Option :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The chipsets to support HDMI 2.0 at full bandwidth and HDCP 2.2 are already in products, but how can you tell? Up until CES this month, I was under the distinct impression that products with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 copy protection?which is required for most 4K/UHD content?were limited to the lower HDMI 2.0 bandwidth of 10.2 Gbps, because the chipsets to support the full bandwidth of 18 Gbps with HDCP 2.2 were not yet implemented in current products. However, a visit to the HDMI section of the South Hall show floor proved me wrong?though not without some lingering questions. I spoke with Steve Venuti, president of HDMI Licensing, the organization that licenses the HDMI spec to manufacturers. He told me that the required chips with HDMI 2.0 at 18 Gbps and HDCP 2.2 have been selling for the last six to eight months, and these are now in shipping products, including various Panasonic devices and Samsung TVs. I had thought it would have taken longer than that to integrate the new chips into products. A demonstration of this capability was running in the booth, labeled "4K@60" as seen in the photo above. A Panasonic DMT-BDP700 Blu-ray player (identified on the player itself) was sending HDMI to a Panasonic SU-HTB880 soundbar, which conveyed the HDMI signal to a Panasonic UHDTV (we couldn't see the model number, since the TV was affixed to the wall), all at 18 Gbps with HDCP 2.2. According to Steve, Panasonic had created custom content for the demo at 1080p/60. But the Blu-ray spec does not include the ability to encode 1080p/60, only 1080i/60 or 1080p at lower frame rates. I suppose Panasonic Hollywood Labs might be able to step outside the official Blu-ray spec, but how could a stock player deal with it? Until I hear otherwise from Panasonic, I'm going to assume that the content was 1080p/24 or 1080i/60 on the disc. Steve went on to say the player was upconverting that content to 4K (actually, 2160p) at 60 fps with 12-bit 4:2:2 color, which can, in fact, be conveyed by HDMI 2.0 at 18 Gbps but not at 10.2 Gbps. Of course, upconverting Blu-ray players are common these days, but I would be very surprised if any of them output 12-bit 4:2:2?after all, the data on a Blu-ray is 8-bit 4:2:0, and I know of no consumer TVs that can accept 12-bit 4:2:2, so why do that much upconversion? Then there's the TV?as I mentioned, we were unable to determine the model number, and Panasonic has not revealed it in subsequent communications. Obviously, it was a UHDTV, perhaps one of the models introduced at CES. But again, I am unaware of any consumer TV that can accept and display 12-bit video. I've asked Panasonic to clear up some of these questions, but I have not yet heard any definitive responses. In any event, it is now more difficult than ever to determine if a given product is capable of supporting HDMI 2.0 at 18 Gbps with HDCP 2.2. Manufacturers do not seem eager to reveal the actual bandwidth of their HDMI connection, and many representatives simply don't know, which is very frustrating. The full 18 Gbps bandwidth is critical for wide color gamut and increased bit depth at 50 and 60 fps, so it is imperative for savvy consumers to know if the products they buy can support these attributes. Steve also hinted at the next HDMI spec, which I speculate will be announced in roughly a year. He couldn't give me much detail, but he did say it would increase the bandwidth to allow for high dynamic range and immersive/object-oriented audio, and it would provide power for low-power devices such as media players, smartphones, and tablets, but not TVs, AVRs, or power amps. Like AVS Forum on Facebook Follow AVS Forum on Twitter +1 AVS Forum on Google+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page