Comparison between Denon and Yamaha - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 4 Old Today, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Comparison between Denon and Yamaha

Has anyone have any knowledge as to which receiver is better between the Denon AVR-x3100W and the Yamaha RX-V777BT. Don't look at price because they're similar there. It's all the specs that I'm interested in. One of the main things I'm looking at is volume control level when changing TV stations or source input. I like the same even volume when making the change as it blaring loud. I've been trying to find website comparisons as to no avail. If someone has an opinion or better yet hands-on info please let me know. I'm very indecisive as to which one to purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGrunt View Post
Has anyone have any knowledge as to which receiver is better between the Denon AVR-x3100W and the Yamaha RX-V777BT. Don't look at price because they're similar there. It's all the specs that I'm interested in. One of the main things I'm looking at is volume control level when changing TV stations or source input. I like the same even volume when making the change as it blaring loud. I've been trying to find website comparisons as to no avail. If someone has an opinion or better yet hands-on info please let me know. I'm very indecisive as to which one to purchase.
Just to add in the AVR should be geared more for Home Theatre as opposed to music.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 97
No stereo will even out volume when changing stations. Both receivers should have a source volume matching setting though.
The Yamaha has no subwoofer eq but does have a clean sound. It doesn't have independent crossovers so if you are matching
large midrange drivers in front with small satellites for surround not good. The Yamaha is more reliable overall and much
less likely to have any hdmi handshake issues. The Denon pretty much has everything else covered.
post #4 of 4 Unread Today, 05:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Buy the Yamaha...
The Denon AVRs are 4th in reliability compared to Yamaha in 1st....

Just my $0.02...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page