Using Bluetooth/Airplay with DAC, Purchase help needed - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2015, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Using Bluetooth/Airplay with DAC, Purchase help needed

I just purchased a Chordette Gem bluetooth DAC but realized I have a problem.
I use Iphone/Ipad's and those products don't utilize APTX bluetooth so the benefit of the Chordette is partly negated. I could purchase a Samsung tablet with APTX but I really don't want to so that.

I also own an Apple TV box that has an optical-audio out. Can I use the Apple TV to stream music from my Ipad via Airplay and then send the signal from the Apple TV to a quality DAC?

I'm under the impression Airplay has similar quality as APTX, please inform me if I'm mistaken. I can return the Chordette and buy a different DAC if using Airplay/Apple TV is a better solution.
Would passing the signal through the Apple TV with optical audio out degrade the quality of the music.

I really appreciate help settings things up the best way.

System:
Naim 152 preamp
Naim 155 amp
Dynaudio Focus 160 speakers
Chordette Gem bluetooth DAC (can be exchanged)
Apple TV Box
Multiple IPads/IPhones to stream music

Last edited by Adeotec; 02-01-2015 at 06:57 PM.