Sony STR-DA2800ES won't control Sony BDP-S6200 using 'Home Control Settings' - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 02-14-2015, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Sony STR-DA2800ES won't control Sony BDP-S6200 using 'Home Control Settings'

I've enjoyed my Sony 2800ES amp and 6200 player for months but cannot figure out how to get the AMP remote to control the BR player through the IR dongle configuration.

Whenever I configure the 6200 to an IR dongle, IR3 for instance, the 6200 will turn on when I press the BD button on the 2800 remote but then cycles continuously displaying "select & play a file' message while not allowing me to insert a disc as the tray will open and then instantly close again.

I suspect that the AMP is continuously sending a command to the BR player that causes this miscue. Possibly this is because there is no menu pick for the BDP-S6200 in the Home Control settings and I have to select another model of Sony player or the Generic Sony BR player. However I've tried several with no different result.

My work around is to disconnect the STR IR dongle from the BR player and use the BR player remote to control the BR player after the AMP has been set to the proper input for sound. Not really bad, as I can operate the player, but not the functionality promised.

Sony has not been responsive to my inquiries. Does anyone have a better work around or an actual fix to this issue?

Thanks,
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sony STR-DA5800ES sending continuous "Play" command to BD player!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoyd View Post
I've enjoyed my Sony 2800ES amp and 6200 player for months but cannot figure out how to get the AMP remote to control the BR player through the IR dongle configuration.

Whenever I configure the 6200 to an IR dongle, IR3 for instance, the 6200 will turn on when I press the BD button on the 2800 remote but then cycles continuously displaying "select & play a file' message while not allowing me to insert a disc as the tray will open and then instantly close again.

I suspect that the AMP is continuously sending a command to the BR player that causes this miscue. Possibly this is because there is no menu pick for the BDP-S6200 in the Home Control settings and I have to select another model of Sony player or the Generic Sony BR player. However I've tried several with no different result.

My work around is to disconnect the STR IR dongle from the BR player and use the BR player remote to control the BR player after the AMP has been set to the proper input for sound. Not really bad, as I can operate the player, but not the functionality promised.

Sony has not been responsive to my inquiries. Does anyone have a better work around or an actual fix to this issue?

Thanks,
Tim
Hello Tim, I just bought a refurb STR-DA5800ES receiver and it is like new working fine so far in all aspects that I matter for sound, but I too just started to connect the 2 infrared control blasters to the receiver and found out that it has a similar problem like you are having and described for your STR-DA2800ES. I have one infrared blaster on infrared output 1 which works fine to control my cable box. I then tried connecting a 2nd infrared blaster to infrared output 2 and configured to control my Sony BDP-S570 Bluray player and it continuously sends a "Play" command signal every few seconds to the player. This causes the BD player to automatically start playing the disc when you first select BD input but then when you want to stop or pause the BD player, it will stop for a second and then immediately start playing the disc again. I see the "Play" icon on the screen constantly coming on showing me that the receiver is continually sending out a "Play" command from the infrared blaster. I tried infrared output 3 to see if maybe infrared port 2 was bad, but it did the same thing. So I am wondering if Sony has a problem with bad infrared logic boards in these batches of early ES receivers. I am not happy about this defect but I guess I can live without it.

Words of wisdom, "The more you know, the more you know that you don't know."
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page