Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 35
$250 range AVR?

Hey guys, what AVR you guys recommend in the $250 range? I just bought a Sony STR-DH550 for $229 but I was wondering if I could do better in this price range. My TV is a Samsung UN65H7150 with a PS4, HTPC and Bright House DVR all connected to the TV. The audio is being routed from the TV to the receiver via HDMI ARC.

I like this Sony especially for the price but I wish it had Bluetooth capability so we could connect our iPhones and stream Spotify to it.

Any suggestions? Or should I just keep the DH550?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Refurbished Denon X1000. You can stream your iPhone (including Spotify) to it using airplay. It also has Spotify native on the AVR (but you have to have a paid subscription to Spotify for that). It does not have bluetooth.
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Hey guys, what AVR you guys recommend in the $250 range? I just bought a Sony STR-DH550 for $229 but I was wondering if I could do better in this price range. My TV is a Samsung UN65H7150 with a PS4, HTPC and Bright House DVR all connected to the TV. The audio is being routed from the TV to the receiver via HDMI ARC.

I like this Sony especially for the price but I wish it had Bluetooth capability so we could connect our iPhones and stream Spotify to it.

Any suggestions? Or should I just keep the DH550?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ERuiz,
Did you end up returning it or keeping it? If BT is the only thing you are missing, I think you could simply buy one for $20-$25 range online and plug it to one of the inputs and use that as your BT receiver.

No More Cable Box
Time Warner Cable NYC | ATI OCUR Cable Card Tuner | Windows Media Center 7 | Cisco STA1520 Tuning Adapter | HDHomeRun Dual | Unlimited Possibilities & Customization
KDL52W4100TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page