NAD T748 + NAD 916+ NAD 912 tripping!! - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Unread Today, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy NAD T748 + NAD 916+ NAD 912 tripping!!

:

Hello guys,
I was happily using NAD T748 as a preamp with my Rotel 976 6 channel amp and with my Mordaunt Short speakers. For some reason felt the need to upgrade and sold off my rotel and bought NAD 916 (6 channel) & NAD 912.
My plan was to use the 912 as mono in bridged for the center and 916 for the bi-amped fronts and rears (4 ohms).
For some reason my T748 doesnt like the combo as it will trip as soon as I plug it in. Also when I connect the speakers by themselves, there is loud static in bridged mode. Stereo works fine (?)
I tried hooking up all speakers individually using a bluray to amp directly, all speakers work fine. Its the combination that sends the T748 in safe mode.
I checked all wires if there are touching and all looks fine.
Spent a good amount on these two amps and dont want them to turn into 50 lbs of garbage.

Please help. Any suggestions are appreciated to get this system up and running again.
One of the most significant bummers is I probably fried tweeters in my surrounds. Not sure though.

Thank you

FYI: PS3+Roku3+BDP to NAD T748 to NAD 916+ NAD 912----Benq W1070+ Mordaunt short MS903, MS905, MS903 + HSU-STF1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
amplifier , Mordaunt Short , Nad , Rotel , tripping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page