Spotify Connect with Sony... or how to ruin your speakers. - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old Today, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Spotify Connect with Sony... or how to ruin your speakers.

Sony STR-DN1050 has Spotify Connect.

If I mistakenly click on max volume in Spotify (all that's needed is a single mouse click at the wrong position), it automatically sets the receiver volume to the maximum. This is an effective way to ruin both my ears and my speakers as the maximum volume is way above what my speakers can handle.

It's arguably equivalent to providing an old style remote control where one of the buttons says 'MAX VOLUME'. I'm not going to press that - but what if I press it by mistake?!

On Onkyo TX-NR636 and Yamaha RX-677, I can set a maximum volume in settings, a value I know that my speakers can handle. With Sony, I can't.

This seems like a major issue preventing me from using Spotify Connect comfortably. I don't want a single mouse click to ruin expensive speakers.

Additionally, all friends in my house connecting to my Wifi can also mistakenly set the volume too high through their mobile phones by using Spotify to connect to my receiver; destroying equipment worth thousands of dollars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page