Can a Crestron cnampx-16x60 be used as a regular amp? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2015, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Can a Crestron cnampx-16x60 be used as a regular amp?

I have a chance to pick up a couple of used Crestron cnampx-16x60 amps for free! They are big and heavy amps - so before I break my back hauling them upstairs to my apartment, just wanted to see if they could be used as a regular amp rather than integrated in a Crestron system.

I downloaded the manual and I *think* this amp has to be integrated with a Crestron system as it has some special molex connectors and the manual shows how to program it with Crestron controllers. And it also shows a separate 24V trigger that may be required.

Anyone have any experience with this amp? I'll take it if it can be used as a regular 16x60 amp without having any other Crestron controllers. I don't know anything about Crestron.

Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.crestron.com/downloads/pd...ampx-16x60.pdf

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
2 Anthony Gallo Reference SA Amps
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-11-2016, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
You've probably already found your answer, but others may have the same question.

The amp can run stand-alone, but it requires a 24VDC supply connected to the Crestnet terminal. The amp doesn't need to see Crestnet, just to have the 24VDC to activate its relays. Once that's done, all you have to do is put the power switch in the ON position, and push the Override button on the back. This will turn on the amp and all amp channels. You can now turn the amp on/off with the front power switch. The downside is that if you lose the 24VDC power, you will have to push the Override button again, so make sure it's accessible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread