Subwoofer / Amplifier Newbie Question - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Red face Subwoofer / Amplifier Newbie Question

Hey Everyone,

I currently have in my living room: Klipsch HD Theater SB 3 Soundbar (wireless sub). I have my sub tucked away nice and hidden behind a lounge chair. Next to this room is an outdoor deck where I am currently planning on installing some outdoor speakers. These speakers will be powered by a Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier.

I was hoping to sit the amplifier on top of the sub so they would both be tucked away. Would there be any harm/interference in doing this to the amp or sub? I was thinking I would secure them to each other with a bit of velcro tape to prevent moving around from vibrations. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for some outdoor speakers to hook up to the Bose system? There is an awning that they would reside under so they are not totally exposed to the elements. Thanks to all!

ATC Sharp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by atcsharp View Post
Hey Everyone,

I currently have in my living room: Klipsch HD Theater SB 3 Soundbar (wireless sub). I have my sub tucked away nice and hidden behind a lounge chair. Next to this room is an outdoor deck where I am currently planning on installing some outdoor speakers. These speakers will be powered by a Bose SoundTouch SA-4 amplifier.

I was hoping to sit the amplifier on top of the sub so they would both be tucked away. Would there be any harm/interference in doing this to the amp or sub? I was thinking I would secure them to each other with a bit of velcro tape to prevent moving around from vibrations. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for some outdoor speakers to hook up to the Bose system? There is an awning that they would reside under so they are not totally exposed to the elements. Thanks to all!

ATC Sharp
It shouldn't be much of an issue at all. I can't seem to believe that you are looking to play anything at ear bleeding levels through the soundbar and sub, so you should be fine. If these 2 products put off a significant amount of heat or were affecting the driver of the sub somehow, then I wouldn't recommend it.

Proficient Audio (SpeakerCraft sister company) make a GREAT outdoor speaker. I own a pair of the AW525's and thats the lowest model. They sound great for such a compact design, and their frequency response handles as low as 40hz. Take that how you will.

SpeakerCraft would be another choice.

It seems that you're familiar with Klipsch, and they make a good outdoor speaker.

Onkyo TX-NR636 (5.1.2) | Proficient Audio AW525 (L&R) | Proficient Audio CC550 | Proficient Audio GS10 (LFE) | Yamaha NS-IC400 (Surrounds) | Harmony Ultimate | Apple TV (3rd Gen) | Denon BDP-1611UD | Sony BDP-S580| Xbox One | Sony Bravia 46"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page