Azur 551R V2 + DTS-HD Problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-07-2015, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Azur 551R V2 + DTS-HD Problem

Howdy everyone, this is my first post but have been creeping on the AVS forums for a few years. I finally have been able to build my home theatre/Hi-Fi system. Its been a few years in the making. I will run through my specs and then describe the issue I am experiencing.

Panasonic Viera ZT60 Plasma monitor
Samsung BD-F5900
Panasonic DMP-BDT360
Cambridge Audio Azur 551R V2
5.1 setup (Focal speakers)

My problem is, I am unable to decode any Blu-ray disc with either DTS-HD MA or DolbyDTruHD audio tracks. I have tried multiple discs, two different BD players, factory reset the Azur and let sit unplugged for 24hrs and set it up again to no avail. I have set both BD players to pass audio via Bitstream(unprocessed) and I do get intro audio and menu audio, but once the movie starts, Azur just flashes HDMI and displays Unlock. I have contacted Cambridge Audio tech support and spoken to dealer but I am wanting an answer if anyone has it, its driving me a little crazy. Or at least can give me some suggestions to try. Both Cambridge and dealer are at a loss. Azur is couple weeks old and just opened it from box last weekend. Could the Azur be defective?
I have connected the players into the HDMI In (have tried HDMI 1 and 2 inputs) and am using 1.4 HDMI cables. I have tried different cables too. If I force the Blu-ray players to Bitstream(DTS or DoldyD) I do hear straight DTS or DolbyD 5.1 but not the original track of movie, the DTS-HD MA track.

Have I totally overlooked something or is my hardware unable to do what I am assuming it should do? If anyone could help me out with this I would be greatly appreciative. Please, if you need more info I will be sure to reply to posts.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-09-2015, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Bumping this hoping a "Master" will see my difficulty and give some thoughts.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-19-2015, 01:46 PM

Hope this helps!

Hi Will,

Don't know if I can master your problem, but I have a suggestion:

Try to connect audio through sp/dif (optical or coaxial). So from the separate "digital out" on you BD-player to the corresponding "digital in" on the Cambridge:

1. Connect your BD-player to HDMI-1 with your HDMI-cable
2. At the Cambridge's back, insert your "digital" cable into "BD/DVD"
3. At Cambridge's OSD:
a. Video-in. select: BD/DVD: HDMI1
b. Audio-in. select: BD/DVD: Digital

Do your test and let me know!

It could be that the HDMI-processing cannot cope with DTS-HD MA or DolbyDTruHD audio.

Erik-Jan.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 AM

Will,
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I just ordered a 551R V2.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-10-2015, 10:36 PM

So not sure, if this is still relevant. I got mine last Friday and run into the same issue. No DTS HD or Dolby True HD sound...

At the end, the issue was related on the connection between AVR and TV... I switched the HDMI port on the TV to use one without ARC and it worked. Strange thing only is, that ACR was deactivated on both ends.

Anyway, maybe this helps someone.... enjoy the little one... really great sound
post #6 of 6 Old 02-02-2016, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 38
HDMI Passthrough???

I was thinking of getting a 551R V2. Does this have HDMI passthrough so my son can watch his cartoons without having to turn on the receiver? How good is the sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page