The "Official" Pioneer VSX-830-K Owner's Thread - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The "Official" Pioneer VSX-830-K Owner's Thread

Hi All,

Did not see a thread on the 2015 model VSX-830-K. Very interested in this model and would love anyone who has picked one up to post some comments!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I picked up an open box from bestbuy.com. It arrived yesterday. The list price is $399 but they have had open boxes for $335.00 . Plus you can use a movers coupon. I They say its open box but as suspected, mine looked brand new. I don't believe it was ever taken out of the box much less plugged in. The box had been opened before but everything was brand new. If you wish to go this route you wont be disappointed.

Overall impression. This is a great little unit. Very easy to set up. I like it a lot.
This is my 5th pioneer receiver. All have been Elite models up to now. I needed a unit that could pass 3D, ARC and was hdcp 2.2 & hdmi 2.0 to go along with my 4k tv in my bedroom.
This replaced an Elite VSX 23 receiver which sounds great but don't have those features. I was really looking top get the Elite VSX-45 but Best buy listed it a $100 more than the $450.00 msrp. I had to make a choice the VSX45 for $550 or this for about $320.00. This model has the same internal parts but excludes things I don't need like speaker B terminals. Elite version has 3 year warranty . this comes with one. Both with Amex to extend warranty another year. I really hated the idea of replacing my Elite 23 because it sounds so good. This unit also has a smaller footprint that what I am use to & makes a good fit for a bedroom receiver.

My greatest fear was that I would be downgrading my sound by getting a non-Elite receiver. This was exactly the case after I ran mcacc I was not impressed with the sound. auto mcacc may set your speakers to large. You may have to get into manual setup & set them back to small. I'm running a 2.1 stereo setup in my bedroom with a pair of Polk RTi6. What really helped was the Pioneer app ICONTROLAV5. This app is easy to use an gives you access to every sound control & equalizer on the receiver over wifi. I was able to tweek the sound to my liking. So yes, this little bad boy can put out good sound if you spend the time to tweek it right. I did a quick test on a few 3D blu-rays and they look good. Have not done any real viewing yet. This is hooked up to a Sony XBR 65X850A 4K tv.

What I really like about this receiver is that everything works as stated. Pondora, Spotify and Internet stations all sound great. The wi-fi and Bluetooth works flawlessly with no dropouts so far. & was very easy to set up. The new GUI makes setup a breeze. Belive me I know how difficult Elites are to set up. I also have an Elite SC-65 that was not fun to set up. The remote is not the best but still better than those horrible pioneer remotes. This was a quick post but hope it helps.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2015, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey Yardy, could you tell me if it is normal to hear a slight pause/click when adjusting the volume? I JUST hooked up my 830K an hour ago and I noticed that while watching videos that when I adjust the volume you can hear the adjustment (not just the loudness) . I'm thinking it has something to do with ARC but I'm pretty new to this A/V stuff.

By the way my other equipment is: Vizio M60-CS3 4K TV, stereo Polk Audio RTi10s.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-21-2015, 01:06 PM

Liked: 0
My four-year-old Pioneer VSX-1021-K finally died this morning. It had been having serious problems over the last few months with a bunch of UE22 errors, which I fixed by updating the firmware with a USB drive, but this morning, even that didn't work, as the updates would freeze 20% of the way through and result in an Update Error 1 message. I was left with the options of either taking it in for service or buying a new receiver.

I had been looking at the Pioneer VSX-830-K ever since it was announced in January, and long before it was available on Amazon (where it still doesn't have any reviews, and, curiously enough, does not show up when you specify that you're searching for 2015 models). Given my circumstances, I bit the bullet and put in an Amazon order for it, which is due to arrive on Saturday with Prime delivery. I'll post more when it comes.
post #5 of 5 Old Today, 08:36 AM

Liked: 10
Low Volume!!

Hi, just set up this pioneer vsx-830 with 2 klipsch reference floor speakers and 1 sub. I am primarily interested in using it for music now. I am getting absolutely no volume from the lowest (-80db) to about -50db and then I just barely hear anything. Fully cranked the sound is minimal. I must have something drastically off? I followed the simple setup and like I said, am just running a simple system...any help as to what i am overlooking? Did the auto home theatre set up screw the levels up maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors