Sonos Connect / Panamax Max 5300 12v Trigger - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Sonos Connect / Panamax Max 5300 12v Trigger

I have a Sonos Connect that I am using as source for music in backyard. I have multiple amps that power the outdoor speakers which are all plugged into a Rack-Mounted Panamax Max 5300. The problem is that I have no way to turn on the Panamax which in turn powers the amps from the Sonos App. (my AV company tried using some kind of trigger that senses the volume level of music that plays when using Sonos but it will not trigger the Panamax unless the music volume is turned up high.

Is there any product that I can use to simply turn on the panamax using my iPhone? I do not think there are any Panamax models that use IOS to turn on/off... maybe there is another brand that can do this?

Other thought is to plug the Panamax into a single Belkin Insight switch and turn the swith on/off using my Wemo App which I also use for other appliances... not sure if this switch will pass the proper voltage/current to the Panamax to power the two amps I am using...

Anyone have tried something similar or have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I did some checking, and the max watts of all the Panamax connected amps are well below the 1800w max specs for the Belkin Insight switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Panamax , Sonos , trigger

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page