Yamaha RX-A740 Airplay/HTPC Problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-07-2015, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha RX-A740 Airplay/HTPC Problem

I recently purchased the RX-A740 and have been noticing a few odd things:

First -
If I use Airplay from my iPhone or iPad (playing Amazon Prime Radio) the song that is currently playing when I start Airplay plays all the way through but when the next song starts it does not play through the RX-A740. When I look at my device it still shows the active output is the Airplay to the RX-A740 and the iPad/iPhone is still playing but no sound is coming out of any speakers (including the iPhone/iPad). If I deselect Airplay then reselect the RX-A740 it works fine, but only until that song is over and it goest to the next track and the same thing happens again.
Second -
I have a MacMini running Kodi that I use for my HTPC. The Mini is connected through the receiver via HDMI and I have the receiver decoding the audio. There are times I will come home from work and turn on everything to watch a movie on the HTPC and the audio only plays through the internal speaker on the MacMini... The previous receiver I had (Integra) never had this problem. The only way I've been able to resolve the problem is to reboot the Mini.

The strange thing is this happens only an hour or so after my wife has gone to bed and I know she was watching up until she got ready.
Other than these 2 things the receiver has been great... the quality and features have been a great upgrade from my ancient Integra 8.4.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors
Gear in this thread - RX-A740 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page