Hissing from speaker - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hissing from speaker

I am having an issue with hissing coming from one spearker in an 7.2 setup. The speaker that is hissing is coming from the left surround. I have tried changing speaker wire, moving the speakers around, nothing solves the issue. No matter what speaker it is, the LS always hisses. That is, unless I turn it off from my AV receiver. My setup is as follows

Onkyo TX NR809
Panamax M5300
XboxOne
PS4
Directv HR34
Sony 40ES Projector
2 Monitor Audio Sliver 8
Sliver Center
4 Radius 45
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsfire View Post
I am having an issue with hissing coming from one spearker in an 7.2 setup. The speaker that is hissing is coming from the left surround. I have tried changing speaker wire, moving the speakers around, nothing solves the issue. No matter what speaker it is, the LS always hisses. That is, unless I turn it off from my AV receiver. My setup is as follows

Onkyo TX NR809
Panamax M5300
XboxOne
PS4
Directv HR34
Sony 40ES Projector
2 Monitor Audio Sliver 8
Sliver Center
4 Radius 45
Speakers don't hiss- that comes from amplifiers and other source devices or processors.

Which input(s)- any specific one(s) or does it happen with all of them? What about the tuner? Does it happen when the volume is turned down all the way, or only at certain volume settings?

If you connect the right rear to the wires for the left rear, the problem should move to that speaker- can you think of any event that may have occurred before the hiss started? How old is the AV receiver? Is it under warranty?
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It happens on all inputs, it also happen with my other speaker set up in another house. The warranty is now out and the receiver is 3 years old. I know it wasnt this way when I bought it...but I did have to take it in for a warranty repair, the hdmi board went out, sometime after I got it back, I noticed the hiss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors