Receiver suggestions.. - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Unread Today, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Receiver suggestions..

Hi everyone. I apologize if there is a master thread for these kinds of questions. I did a quick search and nothing of the sort came up.

I'm looking for a reciever to pair with a set of speakers I found at a garage sale today. Here are the speaker models:

2x Athena LS-300B fronts
2x Athena AS-B2-1 rears
1x Athena AS-C1-1

I'm currently not looking to add a subwoofer since the system will be in a townhouse, but I do want it to sound decent enough for music and movies in a smallish (12ft by 16ft) room. This will just be a starter set for me that I will eventually upgrade when the wife and I move up to a house, but I couldn't go wrong with this set for $120. The guy even threw in a Pioneer DVR with a 500gb HDD for free.

Besides the speakers, the other components of the system are a Sony PS4, a Sony KDL-W650A 32" TV and an older Pioneer DVR. I also connect my laptop from time to time via HDMI.

Given that this is a budget/starter system, I don't want to spend too much on the receiver, but I have convinced the wife to stretch the budget if need be.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Unread Today, 03:31 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3970 Post(s)
Liked: 2248
These are 8-ohm, 89db speakers so any AVR should be able to drive them quite well. Check your local Best Buy stores for 2014 models on clearance and select a model that best meets your feature/input/output/budget requirements.

------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; http://shop.avscience.com/ Call for sales info --> 585-645-1006 

Daily - 8am to 8pm EST
AVScience sells Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Oppo, and more
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page