The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 380 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12572Likes

post #11371 of 14696 Old 10-02-2016, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15370 Post(s)
Liked: 7517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkkris View Post
UPDATE... Problem fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution... Don't buy Denon; buy Marantz instead. I just picked up SR7010 at the local store and it has ZERO hum where all 3 Denons had problems (both x6200s and one x6300). I even repeated the Audyssey setup a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke and it is super quiet; just like my old Onkyo! Now I'm happy!

Not trying to diss Denon products as I have been a fan for years but I'll stick to Marantz going forward. Denon has caused me way too many headaches over last week!
Glad to hear the Marantz resolved your one off issue which has not been reported by other owners including myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 14696 Old 10-02-2016, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 21
When installed in a rack with middle atlantic faceplates on all the other equipment, does it leave gaps or does it fill the whole space? I tried to do a google images search for that part number but only got drawings of the rack mount, nothing of it actually in a rack (tried the same search for my receiver with little luck as well).

Even searching demons website for that part number returns zero results.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
post #11373 of 14696 Old 10-02-2016, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 17
What does the option dolby digital+dts neutral X do when I select it vs regular Dolby digital

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

post #11374 of 14696 Old 10-02-2016, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello I have a x4100w

Recently my RearBack Speakers stopped working in Multi Channel Stereo. They still work with all other modes! I called Denon they had me reset the Receiver they worked for a week but just shut off again. Any one else have this Issue? I tried a search this is crazy. Thanks in advance for your help. They do not even show up as a working speaker on the Receiver Display when in Multi Ch Stereo.
post #11375 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Baker View Post
Hello I have a x4100w

Recently my RearBack Speakers stopped working in Multi Channel Stereo. They still work with all other modes! I called Denon they had me reset the Receiver they worked for a week but just shut off again. Any one else have this Issue? I tried a search this is crazy. Thanks in advance for your help. They do not even show up as a working speaker on the Receiver Display when in Multi Ch Stereo.
If the Rear Surround speakers have been configured in Manual Setup and at some point are suddenly MIA, if doing multiple microprocessor resets in a row (ie. 4-5) does not resolve the issue then warranty repair would be your next option.
post #11376 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22 View Post
What does the option dolby digital+dts neutral X do when I select it vs regular Dolby digital

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

This new "cross-mix" capability was added with the update released on Aug 29. It allows you to use the DTS Neural:X upmixer on DD audio as an alternative to using the Dolby Surround upmixer. Select the surround mode you prefer the best.
post #11377 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Issues with TV Audi (ARC) on x4200w

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to run this by you guys as it seems a bit odd. I have enabled ARC on my x4200w and on my Sony Android TV. On TV that is HDMI 4 (ARC) and I have connected the x4200w via HDMI (ARC) out to TV. My understanding is that via the ARC channel, any sounds from TV based apps such Netflix, YouTube, Kodu etc... will be coming back to Denon x4200w via that link and for majority of times this has been the case with Dolby Surround results (which was the intent) However, at times, especially with YouTube and sometimes with Kodi and/or Netflix I just get muffled sounds or cannot hear dialogue bu there are some sounds in the background. So sometimes I have to restart Youtube app or sometimes I have to restart Sony Android TV to get the full sound back. Also, Kodi is at times just playing high picth hiss and/or garbled loud noise. It is very annoying!

So my question is, perhaps I have set-up something wrong on the reciever and/or on TV as far as ARC audio goes. All of my other devices (7 in total) are connected directly to HDMI ports on the back of x4200w and I don't seem to have a problem with them outputting video back to TV using that same HDMI (ARC) out back to TV. Mostly just TV based apps that I have issues with the sound.

Did anyone see this problem before ? Please help

Thanks,
N.
post #11378 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
When the X4000 front panel display reads "Multi CH In 7.1" it means the source device is decoding the DD/DTS 7.1 audio to PCM rather than sending it "bitstream" straight to the AVR. If you have the AMP ASSIGN = 7.1 CH / 2CH Front selected, you would only get the 2CH Playback when selecting either the STEREO or DIRECT surround modes. If it's changing by itself, might want to try a reset. Keep in mind that just because a STEREO source is playing doesn't necessarily mean that is the surround mode that is selected.

Just as an update: I called up Denon and we went through troubleshooting. It was confirmed something was wrong with the receiver. A new one should be here this week. Thanks for your help!
mrtickleuk likes this.

iNuke 3000dsp powering a Dayton Ultimax UM18 in a Minimarty
iNuke 6000dsp powering (2) SI HT18s in Martycubes (Nearfield)
post #11379 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Meili View Post
When installed in a rack with middle atlantic faceplates on all the other equipment, does it leave gaps or does it fill the whole space? I tried to do a google images search for that part number but only got drawings of the rack mount, nothing of it actually in a rack (tried the same search for my receiver with little luck as well).

Even searching demons website for that part number returns zero results.

I just installed the x4300H in a MA Slim 5 rack. I am traveling this week so I can't post pictures for a bit, but i believe it will cover all gaps. I mounted mine with a couple RU above and below it for ventilation purposes, but the way it mounts to the amp makes me think it will cover gaps. There are 2 side panels which actually hold the amp, but the kit also includes a metal bar that mounts below the amp to the 2 side panels. I think this bar is there to take up the extra space and make the amp a full 4-5 RU tall.

Hope this helps and I will try and take pictures once I get home.
post #11380 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylr View Post
I just installed the x4300H in a MA Slim 5 rack. I am traveling this week so I can't post pictures for a bit, but i believe it will cover all gaps. I mounted mine with a couple RU above and below it for ventilation purposes, but the way it mounts to the amp makes me think it will cover gaps. There are 2 side panels which actually hold the amp, but the kit also includes a metal bar that mounts below the amp to the 2 side panels. I think this bar is there to take up the extra space and make the amp a full 4-5 RU tall.

Hope this helps and I will try and take pictures once I get home.
Thanks I will hold off purchasing it until I see pictures I'm hopeful that it will fill the gaps and you've raised my optimism by quite a bit
post #11381 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question/Advice needed ...

I have the X2200W, and it's been working fine. However, I haven't used it for about 2-3 months. Last weekend, I turn it on and Denon prompted for an update (over WiFi). I selected Yes. The update took awhile, so I just exited the room. Forgot about the update, and went back to check on it a day later. Now the receiver will power on, but will automatically shut off in a few seconds (looks like its in "Protect" mode with the red blink LED). It may or may not be related to the update, but the timing seems inconspicuous.

I unplugged everything from the receiver (minus power). I tried the Ch+/Ch- reset, but that didn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions? I threw away the shipping box, so shipping it to a service center would be rather difficult.
post #11382 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2nd 6200 and the exact same problem with a speaker cutting out. At first it was the front left speaker, and now it's the center channel. This 2nd unit worked for one and a half days. So here are my questions.

Am I extremely unlucky?

Is there anything at all in the setup that I could be doing wrong? I only have 5.1 right now and was using an old Onkyo 606 for years without issue. I only have three inputs (DVR, Xbox, PS3 all HDMI) and on output to the TV. It's not like I'm stressing this thing. I have been updating firmware both times - is there something know wrong with the latest firmware?

Both units I have ran the standard setup without issue and then a few days later a channel fails.

Maybe a bad batch got sent to the same store?

Any ideas before I give up and move on from Denon?
post #11383 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks I will hold off purchasing it until I see pictures I'm hopeful that it will fill the gaps and you've raised my optimism by quite a bit
This is when I had the 2200. The 3200 and 4200 fit too and I'm going to be mounting a 6200 in it after I move next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1698529  
iatacs19, retro124 and mrtickleuk like this.
post #11384 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
This is when I had the 2200. The 3200 and 4200 fit too and I'm going to be mounting a 6200 in it after I move next week.
Is that a middle atlantic custom rack shelf/faceplate?

post #11385 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvx View Post
Question/Advice needed ...

I have the X2200W, and it's been working fine. However, I haven't used it for about 2-3 months. Last weekend, I turn it on and Denon prompted for an update (over WiFi). I selected Yes. The update took awhile, so I just exited the room. Forgot about the update, and went back to check on it a day later. Now the receiver will power on, but will automatically shut off in a few seconds (looks like its in "Protect" mode with the red blink LED). It may or may not be related to the update, but the timing seems inconspicuous.

I unplugged everything from the receiver (minus power). I tried the Ch+/Ch- reset, but that didn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions? I threw away the shipping box, so shipping it to a service center would be rather difficult.
1. For one thing, you should never throw away electronics boxes (if able to store it), however, you should be able to get an appropriate type box at your local UPS or Fed Ex store.
2. Try doing a few resets in a row. If still no joy and the AVR powers off with nothing except the power cable connected to it, sending it in for warranty repair is the next step.
post #11386 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Is that a middle atlantic custom rack shelf/faceplate?
There's two of them in that picture - the TiVo is mounted in one as well. My recommendation is to get the optional clamp kit with it too.

Those are the textured powder coat finish.
post #11387 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post
2nd 6200 and the exact same problem with a speaker cutting out. At first it was the front left speaker, and now it's the center channel. This 2nd unit worked for one and a half days. So here are my questions.

Am I extremely unlucky?

Is there anything at all in the setup that I could be doing wrong? I only have 5.1 right now and was using an old Onkyo 606 for years without issue. I only have three inputs (DVR, Xbox, PS3 all HDMI) and on output to the TV. It's not like I'm stressing this thing. I have been updating firmware both times - is there something know wrong with the latest firmware?

Both units I have ran the standard setup without issue and then a few days later a channel fails.

Have your tried swapping speaker cables to ensure the issue isn't a bad speaker? Try doing a microprocessor reset as noted in post 5 of this thread a few times in a row. If still no joy, see if the dealer will provide a 3rd unit.
post #11388 of 14696 Old 10-03-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
There's two of them in that picture - the TiVo is mounted in one as well. My recommendation is to get the optional clamp kit with it too.

Those are the textured powder coat finish.
That's all I have in my rack (but mine are brushed). I saw the 3200 in their search so that is the one I'll get. I've never gotten the clamps, what benefit to they offer? My guess is they don't slide around as much plugging stuff in?

Ant thanks, btw. I didn't think to search for the 2200 or 3200 before.

post #11389 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 AM

Quote:
I've never gotten the clamps, what benefit to they offer? My guess is they don't slide around as much plugging stuff in?
Easier to rack/unrack and cable. I can't reach around the cabinet when plugging cables in to hold the equipment in place. If you don't unrack equipment as much as I do, it probably won't make much of a difference. I think they're worth it though.
post #11390 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by blefevre View Post

Am I extremely unlucky?

Ironically Google brought me here for the exact same problem. My center channel starts cutting in and out after about 30 minutes of being on over the last few weeks. I also noticed my left surround doing the same thing occasionally over the last few weeks as well. I've had the unit just over 6 months. My Pioneer Elite was rock solid for 6 years and still sits in the closet as a backup for just this instance. I spent the extra coin because everyone said Denon was so much better, but this issue reminds me of the one I had with the cheap Pio's where the soldering came apart after it warmed up (This of course after 3 years of ownership, not 6 mo). I've swapped the center channel and it lasted exactly 2 days before it started doing it on the new one. I'll swap the wire today to see if that makes any difference. I had reseated all wires (I use banana plugs on all connections) prior to coming here though. Unfortunately I'm past the time of store return. Not having to have dealt with Denon issues before, do I call Denon first or find a local authorized repair center first?

...sigh

Sony 75" XBR75X940D - Panasonic DMP‑UB900 4K UHD Player
Denon AVR‑X6200W Receiver
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 L/C/R - ProMonitor 1000 x 4
SVS PB12-Plus & SVS PC12-Plus Subwoofers
33TB Plex Media Server
post #11391 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post
Ironically Google brought me here for the exact same problem. My center channel starts cutting in and out after about 30 minutes of being on over the last few weeks. I also noticed my left surround doing the same thing occasionally over the last few weeks as well. I've had the unit just over 6 months. My Pioneer Elite was rock solid for 6 years and still sits in the closet as a backup for just this instance. I spent the extra coin because everyone said Denon was so much better, but this issue reminds me of the one I had with the cheap Pio's where the soldering came apart after it warmed up (This of course after 3 years of ownership, not 6 mo). I've swapped the center channel and it lasted exactly 2 days before it started doing it on the new one. I'll swap the wire today to see if that makes any difference. I had reseated all wires (I use banana plugs on all connections) prior to coming here though. Unfortunately I'm past the time of store return. Not having to have dealt with Denon issues before, do I call Denon first or find a local authorized repair center first?

...sigh
Call Denon to report the issue, then ship it to either the closest authorized repair facility or for quicker turn around, ship it to the factory repair center: United Radio, Syracuse, NY.
post #11392 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hi, I have a question about my new x4200w.

So I got it all set up and calibrated.

For reference I have it configured for a 5.1 system.

My question is when I play surround sound sources from my movies such as Dolby Digital or DTS, the reciever displays either "Dolby Digital + Dolby Surround" or "DTS + DTS Neural:X"

I'm just confused why it seems as though "Dolby Surround" and "DTS Neural:X" seem to be engaging when I am simply sending the AVR a 5.1 audio track for my 5.1 configured system. These are upscaling systems, but I don't want upscaling for my sound as my speaker config already matches the input.

Should I be worried about this? Do I need to change some setting?

Thanks
post #11393 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Hi, I have a question about my new x4200w.

So I got it all set up and calibrated.

For reference I have it configured for a 5.1 system.

My question is when I play surround sound sources from my movies such as Dolby Digital or DTS, the reciever displays either "Dolby Digital + Dolby Surround" or "DTS + DTS Neural:X"

I'm just confused why it seems as though "Dolby Surround" and "DTS Neural:X" seem to be engaging when I am simply sending the AVR a 5.1 audio track for my 5.1 configured system. These are upscaling systems, but I don't want upscaling for my sound as my speaker config already matches the input.

Should I be worried about this? Do I need to change some setting?

Thanks
Nope. Just a glitch in the firmware display.
post #11394 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Nope. Just a glitch in the firmware display.
Interesting. I searched around but didn't find any info on this "glitch".

Are you saying it's really a glitch, like it's not intentional and they might fix it?. Or is it just how they are going to be labeling it now intentionally?
post #11395 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
1. For one thing, you should never throw away electronics boxes (if able to store it), however, you should be able to get an appropriate type box at your local UPS or Fed Ex store.
2. Try doing a few resets in a row. If still no joy and the AVR powers off with nothing except the power cable connected to it, sending it in for warranty repair is the next step.
I called Denon and the support recommended doing a full reset (instead of Ch+/Ch-, its the 2 buttons next to it, I think its like Zone source or something). That seemed to have gotten the unit to power up properly.
post #11396 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
Interesting. I searched around but didn't find any info on this "glitch".

Are you saying it's really a glitch, like it's not intentional and they might fix it?. Or is it just how they are going to be labeling it now intentionally?
Likely the latter.
post #11397 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvx View Post
I called Denon and the support recommended doing a full reset (instead of Ch+/Ch-, its the 2 buttons next to it, I think its like Zone source or something). That seemed to have gotten the unit to power up properly.
As noted in post 5 of this thread, there are (3) different resets that can be done.
post #11398 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Question whenever I turn on the system now it goes to tv audio. It didn't do this before but all of sudden it does. I have the 1200.
post #11399 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltonic View Post
Question whenever I turn on the system now it goes to tv audio. It didn't do this before but all of sudden it does. I have the 1200.
Did you set HDMI-CEC on your TV to ON to enable HDMI(ARC)? If yes, on the AVR, the default setting for the "TV Audio Switching" (p. 167 Owner's manual) is ON. Set it to OFF.
post #11400 of 14696 Old 10-04-2016, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Have your tried swapping speaker cables to ensure the issue isn't a bad speaker? Try doing a microprocessor reset as noted in post 5 of this thread a few times in a row. If still no joy, see if the dealer will provide a 3rd unit.
Yes, I swapped the speakers/cables from left to right with the first bad receiver and it followed the receiver output channel and not the speaker. The second receiver is with the center channel so I have fairly high confidence it's not a speaker issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post

...sigh
So you have used banana plugs the entire time? This was on my list of troubleshooting to see if it's something with the wire connections but if you have the same issue with banana plugs that's likely not going to help.

I will call the store and see what they say. It sounds insane that I need to try a third 6200 to get one that works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4:4:4 , AVR-X2200W , chroma , connect , Denon , s710w , s910w , spotify , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200w , x6200w

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page