The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 485 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9977Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14521 of 14558 Old 09-07-2017, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 71,200
Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14994 Post(s)
Liked: 7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
Would anyone happen to have a service manual for an X4200W? Although I do have a repair center locally, turnaround time is 2+ weeks. I'd rather just order/swap the trigger module myself, if it was <$20. I just need to find the part number, and a supplier.
Give Encompass a call --> https://denon.encompass.com/?gclid=C...MaAgvTEALw_wcB
jdsmoothie is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14522 of 14558 Old 09-07-2017, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sam S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 4,424
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Good tip! I was unaware of Encompass. I called them, although they were very friendly, they had no part listing for the 12V trigger PCB, nor did they sell the service manual.
Sam S is offline  
post #14523 of 14558 Old 09-07-2017, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 71,200
Mentioned: 376 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14994 Post(s)
Liked: 7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S View Post
Good tip! I was unaware of Encompass. I called them, although they were very friendly, they had no part listing for the 12V trigger PCB, nor did they sell the service manual.
Give Denon a call directly ---> http://denon.custhelp.com/app/answer...ng-denon-parts
jdsmoothie is online now  
 
post #14524 of 14558 Old 09-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
subacabra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 762
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 871
Weird little issue just starting happening on my x6200w.
I use dynamic volume but on light for everyday cable viewing.
For some reason it keeps intermittently switching to medium. Super weird and annoying. Any ideas?
subacabra is offline  
post #14525 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 AM
Member
 
JGrana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 39
jdsmoothie, seeing you are in Orlando, I'm hoping you weathered Irma and are safe and sound.
JGrana is offline  
post #14526 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Member
 
assplats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsg View Post
The Denon EU support FAQ http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/ans...tail/a_id/4723 has been updated with
Great news! Thanks for sharing.
assplats is offline  
post #14527 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
archer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by assplats View Post
Great news! Thanks for sharing.
This morning update came through in USA also. Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR pass-through .... Version 3600-5946-3010..... DTS Version 3.90.35.00

Unfortunately doesn't sound like my Sony 930D will also support DV.

Sony 930D 65 & 55", ZVOX SB700 Soundbar, Sony XT1 Soundbar, Onkyo, Denon AVR-X2300W, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RP-450C, Klipsch R-14S.
archer101 is offline  
post #14528 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 07:13 AM
Member
 
assplats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
This morning update came through in USA also. Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR pass-through .... Version 3600-5946-3010..... DTS Version 3.90.35.00

Unfortunately doesn't sound like my Sony 930D will also support DV.
Is that for the x200 (X4200W) models or the x300 models?

Thanks!
assplats is offline  
post #14529 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
archer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by assplats View Post
Is that for the x200 (X4200W) models or the x300 models?

Thanks!
I have the AVR-X2300W this might be wrong thread for my model, sorry if it is.

Sony 930D 65 & 55", ZVOX SB700 Soundbar, Sony XT1 Soundbar, Onkyo, Denon AVR-X2300W, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RP-450C, Klipsch R-14S.
archer101 is offline  
post #14530 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Member
 
assplats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by archer101 View Post
I have the AVR-X2300W this might be wrong thread for my model, sorry if it is.
Np, can't wait for it to come to our series (and for there to be more content).
assplats is offline  
post #14531 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,351
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2656 Post(s)
Liked: 1226
Can anyone give a synopsis of what I'm gaining by going from the X6200W to the X6400H?

lujan
226 Ultra HD
783 HD
18 HD DVD
4 SD
lujan is online now  
post #14532 of 14558 Old 09-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
denon 710 sub out filterted or unfiltered

I have a denon avr s710 and I have a polk audio psw505 sub...on the back of the sub it has 2 inputs lfe filtered and lfe unfiltered...
does the sub out on the denon filtered or unfiltered?
thanks
raymondtrudeau is offline  
post #14533 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
ddvette9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Is there a way to turn off the IP scaler and keep the onscreen menu.

Everyone in a thread for the new tv I bought said all upscaling by the receiver needs to be off as the upscaling needs to be left to the tv.

I want to make sure I'm doing it right. When I turn off the ip scaled I lose the on screen menu.
ddvette9 is online now  
post #14534 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
cswiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 578
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondtrudeau View Post
I have a denon avr s710 and I have a polk audio psw505 sub...on the back of the sub it has 2 inputs lfe filtered and lfe unfiltered...
does the sub out on the denon filtered or unfiltered?
thanks
You want to use the LFE RCA input on your sub, most likely. The other input applies a low-pass filter based upon the sub's xover knob, but that isn't needed since the Denon will do bass management.

Primary (2.1): Thiel CS 1.2 / Velodyne F1000 sub / Adcom GFA-555 Mk2 / Rotel 970BX / Sony CDP-CA9 ES
Secondary (5.1): Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 / CC270 v.3 center / ADP-170 v.2 surrounds /
SVS SB1000 sub / Marantz SR-6010 / AppleTV + Win7 PC / BenQ BL3200PT
cswiger is offline  
post #14535 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Member
 
petaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a Denon X2200W with a 5.0 speaker setup: Infnity Primus 363 and center speakers; Bose 301's for surround (no bass speaker). Everything was working fine after doing the Audyssey setup. Different modes all were working. Lately, however, something's amiss. The sound level will drop in some speakers, e.g. nothing comes from the right front speaker, or everything is left centric with low level sound from the center or right, etc. It varies. I did another Audyssey setup and, at first, things were good. It didn't take long of listening to a TV show via my Fire TV device that it started again. I switched to other devices like my XBOX One but the result was the same. Is there something I can try to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Ed
petaylor is offline  
post #14536 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 12,423
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
Is there a way to turn off the IP scaler and keep the onscreen menu.

Everyone in a thread for the new tv I bought said all upscaling by the receiver needs to be off as the upscaling needs to be left to the tv.

I want to make sure I'm doing it right. When I turn off the ip scaled I lose the on screen menu.
It's the Video Conversion feature which allows the receiver's on-screen GUI to be visible. The IP scaler setting does not affect it.

Depending on the TV, though, the 4K upscaling in the receiver might or might not produce a better signal. You'll have to watch the effects yourself to find out which is better in your environment. You can't just assume that what someone said on the internet is correct.

Also, some people have found that Video Conversion needs to be off for some combinations of 4K players and TVs so that the full bandwidth 4K UHD signal can get through the receiver from the source device to the TV. In other words, to get the best 4K signal you might have to forgo the receiver's on-screen GUI.
Tom C and galonzo like this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is online now  
post #14537 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 08:21 AM
Senior Member
 
ddvette9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
It's the Video Conversion feature which allows the receiver's on-screen GUI to be visible. The IP scaler setting does not affect it.

Depending on the TV, though, the 4K upscaling in the receiver might or might not produce a better signal. You'll have to watch the effects yourself to find out which is better in your environment. You can't just assume that what someone said on the internet is correct.

Also, some people have found that Video Conversion needs to be off for some combinations of 4K players and TVs so that the full bandwidth 4K UHD signal can get through the receiver from the source device to the TV. In other words, to get the best 4K signal you might have to forgo the receiver's on-screen GUI.
Can you direct me where to go in the denon to turn off all processing but still have an in screen menu? I have a Sony tv which has superior upscaling from what I understand. I'd rather have the Sony upscale than the denon as this point.

Where can I turn of the upscaling in the x4200. Thanks
ddvette9 is online now  
post #14538 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 12,423
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
Can you direct me where to go in the denon to turn off all processing but still have an in screen menu? I have a Sony tv which has superior upscaling from what I understand. I'd rather have the Sony upscale than the denon as this point.

Where can I turn of the upscaling in the x4200. Thanks
The manual for the Denon X4200W can be downloaded for free at http://manuals.denon.com/avrx4200w/na/en/

The Video Conversion and I/P Scaler options are in the receiver's Output Settings menu and are described on page 210 of the manual.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is online now  
post #14539 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
Can you direct me where to go in the denon to turn off all processing but still have an in screen menu? I have a Sony tv which has superior upscaling from what I understand. I'd rather have the Sony upscale than the denon as this point.

Where can I turn of the upscaling in the x4200. Thanks
Already answered, but once again: Setup/Video/Output settings
Video Mode=Auto
Video Conversion=On
i/p Scaler=Off.

This gives you Denon's menus inserted into the video stream, but without any scaling so that your TV can do all of the scaling.

Important: You can't have "turn off all processing" but also "pass through the signal" at the same time with HDMI. That's impossible.

With HDMI, to take the signal and extract the audio from it, and then send the picture onwards to the TV with the audio removed but the picture still there it means you have processed the signal to do so. Remember there's no such thing as bypass with HDMI: only "decode-repackage-transmit" - regardless of whether you set the AVR to add an on-screen menu, or not.

So, if you have this:
Video Mode=Auto
Video Conversion=Off
i/p Scaler=Off.

... then you don't get an on-screen menus, but it's still doing processing simply to allow the "pass-through" functionality to work. There's no "don't do any processing" option. HTH
hiker02910 likes this.

____________________
Denon AVR-X4200W + Arcam Alpha 8P. A 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops. | Samsung 55KS7000 TV (EU/UK single-tuner version of KS8000) | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI-4K modes | 4K chroma test | Samsung 2016 TVs | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 09-12-2017 at 10:46 AM.
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #14540 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post
Doesn't sound like it's going that smoothly so far. Thanks for the updates, I really hope they figure it out and of course hope it's the same problem with mine.
OK, Hurricane cleanup done..... Decided to call and check on my unit in the service center. Heres the short version of another 18minute call. 15 minutes of it was me be shocked to hell and not giving up and hanging up.

Unkind girl answers again, I'm just checking in I say as I have not got any new information lately. She says my units done and in shipping to be returned to me. My last conversation is with the actual tech who said no way would he return it without talking to me first, made no sense and that he and i would get on the phone and keep at it. So i repeat this and she goes back into the canned crap about testing to factory spec...blah blah. She gets tired of me and sends me to her boss again who is nice but says the same thing. Apologies for not ever calling me in 3 weeks.... I have called them every time. She still is on the story and sticking to it....I am not giving up. She puts me on hold and the tech tells her he was able to duplicate it and ordered a new HDMI board that is supposed to be there tomorrow. My unit is still on his bench..... Wow

Tons more apologies and a promise they will call me when its done. I wonder who's unit was in the shipping department with a shipping label going to me..... YIKES

Hopefully this is it and it fixes it. What a pain, besides this clown alley and a good hour on the phone being made to feel like a mad man. I've been without my audio in HT for a month when this is all done. Pretty bad for an in warranty $2,300 piece of equipment.

I shall update once i receive and put back together and test. Could be weeks from now due to it still being in NJ and I'm off for a vacation next week. FYI
PS: I'm a little worried its actually fixed, hope so but not sure why that would make my Right surround channel crackle and stop after movement on the wire post. Fingers crossed
kokishin and mrtickleuk like this.
MarkMul1 is offline  
post #14541 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
djc11369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMul1 View Post
OK, Hurricane cleanup done..... Decided to call and check on my unit in the service center. Heres the short version of another 18minute call. 15 minutes of it was me be shocked to hell and not giving up and hanging up.

Unkind girl answers again, I'm just checking in I say as I have not got any new information lately. She says my units done and in shipping to be returned to me. My last conversation is with the actual tech who said no way would he return it without talking to me first, made no sense and that he and i would get on the phone and keep at it. So i repeat this and she goes back into the canned crap about testing to factory spec...blah blah. She gets tired of me and sends me to her boss again who is nice but says the same thing. Apologies for not ever calling me in 3 weeks.... I have called them every time. She still is on the story and sticking to it....I am not giving up. She puts me on hold and the tech tells her he was able to duplicate it and ordered a new HDMI board that is supposed to be there tomorrow. My unit is still on his bench..... Wow

Tons more apologies and a promise they will call me when its done. I wonder who's unit was in the shipping department with a shipping label going to me..... YIKES

Hopefully this is it and it fixes it. What a pain, besides this clown alley and a good hour on the phone being made to feel like a mad man. I've been without my audio in HT for a month when this is all done. Pretty bad for an in warranty $2,300 piece of equipment.

I shall update once i receive and put back together and test. Could be weeks from now due to it still being in NJ and I'm off for a vacation next week. FYI
PS: I'm a little worried its actually fixed, hope so but not sure why that would make my Right surround channel crackle and stop after movement on the wire post. Fingers crossed
Wow, painful experience to say the least. HDMI board? That would be the last thing I would think but they supposedly know what they're doing so I hope for your sake they're right. I hope United Radio is better than this, I've read good things about them but with something that's intermittent like this I have no idea. If it would just die it would make it easier. I'll probably just send mine in next week and see what happens, maybe they'll figure it out and I can tell YOU what the problem is.
djc11369 is online now  
post #14542 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc11369 View Post
Wow, painful experience to say the least. HDMI board? That would be the last thing I would think but they supposedly know what they're doing so I hope for your sake they're right. I hope United Radio is better than this, I've read good things about them but with something that's intermittent like this I have no idea. If it would just die it would make it easier. I'll probably just send mine in next week and see what happens, maybe they'll figure it out and I can tell YOU what the problem is.
Yes, quite painful.... But glad its not on a truck back with nothing done.. Geese.

Where I sent it was 1 of the 2 major service center partners. Guess I flipped the coin and lost. After reading more the last hour, I guess just about everything is on the HDMI board. Hopefully it does the trick.

I cant believe I'm saying this but you may be better off sending it where i did. Techs name is John and nice woman is Andrea. Since this is super fresh and painful to them after my verbal chewing you may get it done quickly and with a smile. Just thinking out loud.
MarkMul1 is offline  
post #14543 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
tjenkins95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Can anyone give a synopsis of what I'm gaining by going from the X6200W to the X6400H?

The 11 channel gives you full 7.1.4 Atmos, DTS-x, etc... without the need for a separate external amplifier.
FUTURE PROOF IN ANY WAY.

All eight HDMI inputs and three HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. It is even ready for Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for 3D audio playback through TV apps. The feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.




Ray
lujan likes this.

www.raysdvds.org
Denon AVR-X6200W; JVC RS500; Panasonic DMP-UB900; Oppo UDP-203;
Klipsch Speakers: RF-82, RC-62, RS-52, RB-61, RT-10d sub, Klipsch CDT-3650-C (4) ceiling.
Pioneer Dolby Atmos enabled Elite Concentric Speakers: SP-EFS73, SP-EBS73, and SP-EC73 in the guest room.
tjenkins95 is offline  
post #14544 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Witchboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quick CEC question. Can I have it where the Denon can turn the TV off and on? It seems that most of the control goes the other way from the TV to the receiver.
Witchboard is offline  
post #14545 of 14558 Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kokishin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 882 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMul1 View Post
OK, Hurricane cleanup done..... Decided to call and check on my unit in the service center. Heres the short version of another 18minute call. 15 minutes of it was me be shocked to hell and not giving up and hanging up.

Unkind girl answers again, I'm just checking in I say as I have not got any new information lately. She says my units done and in shipping to be returned to me. My last conversation is with the actual tech who said no way would he return it without talking to me first, made no sense and that he and i would get on the phone and keep at it. So i repeat this and she goes back into the canned crap about testing to factory spec...blah blah. She gets tired of me and sends me to her boss again who is nice but says the same thing. Apologies for not ever calling me in 3 weeks.... I have called them every time. She still is on the story and sticking to it....I am not giving up. She puts me on hold and the tech tells her he was able to duplicate it and ordered a new HDMI board that is supposed to be there tomorrow. My unit is still on his bench..... Wow

Tons more apologies and a promise they will call me when its done. I wonder who's unit was in the shipping department with a shipping label going to me..... YIKES

Hopefully this is it and it fixes it. What a pain, besides this clown alley and a good hour on the phone being made to feel like a mad man. I've been without my audio in HT for a month when this is all done. Pretty bad for an in warranty $2,300 piece of equipment.

I shall update once i receive and put back together and test. Could be weeks from now due to it still being in NJ and I'm off for a vacation next week. FYI
PS: I'm a little worried its actually fixed, hope so but not sure why that would make my Right surround channel crackle and stop after movement on the wire post. Fingers crossed
Mark,

I know and appreciate your persistence from a past encounter here at avsforum (which you were proven absolutely correct). Glad you and the tech were able to cut through the crap you were getting from the telephone bots. Hope you unit is returned working perfectly and it stays that way for years to come.

IIRC, you live in Florida. I hope Irma didn't cause you any significant problems.

My signature:
Link: avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet

I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me.

Last edited by kokishin; 09-12-2017 at 11:13 PM.
kokishin is online now  
post #14546 of 14558 Old 09-13-2017, 07:03 AM
Member
 
WarmongerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon City, Oregon
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMul1 View Post
My 6200 has some crackling noise in the right surround channel. Long story short I took a week trouble shooting and swapped everything but the 6200. I can make it go away by putting pressure on or moving that channel post on the back, hour later it comes back.

Ive spent a week so far without it and dropped $50 to send it to the NJ service center. At the moment they are saying that it passes all tests. I will get more info and see where they are next Tuesday.

Just thought i would throw it out now and get ahead of the game. Any Denon repair / service suggestions and hook ups would be appreciated. I run 7.2.4 and just found out how good the speakers on my OLED are......not bad but not cutting it.

Thanks
Mine is the left Surround Back and left Surround and has been fine for weeks. I'd just unplug and re plug it in whenever it did it. It seems to move around from Left Surround to Left Surround Back. Since it's tucked away in my entertainment center, I haven't tried putting pressure or moving the channel post. It just started again yesterday, I'll try this method tonight to see if I get the same.

Reading your latest updates makes me cringe which is why I haven't sent it in yet. But it does drive me crazy when it happens.

Sony 75" XBR75X940D - Panasonic DMP‑UB900 4K UHD Player
Denon AVR‑X6200W Receiver
Definitive Technology StudioMonitor 65 L/C/R - ProMonitor 1000 x 4
SVS PB12-Plus & SVS PC12-Plus Subwoofers
33TB Plex Media Server
WarmongerX is online now  
post #14547 of 14558 Old 09-13-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post
Mark,

I know and appreciate your persistence from a past encounter here at avsforum (which you were proven absolutely correct). Glad you and the tech were able to cut through the crap you were getting from the telephone bots. Hope you unit is returned working perfectly and it stays that way for years to come.

IIRC, you live in Florida. I hope Irma didn't cause you any significant problems.
Ha ..... Good memory. I am glad its getting a new board. Was great going from the pain in the ass to oh,.....snap we screwed up again.

All good from Irma, was very rough 6 hours but we ended up OK and with power. Un like everyone else i know.

Take it slow Daddy - O
MarkMul1 is offline  
post #14548 of 14558 Old 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmongerX View Post
Mine is the left Surround Back and left Surround and has been fine for weeks. I'd just unplug and re plug it in whenever it did it. It seems to move around from Left Surround to Left Surround Back. Since it's tucked away in my entertainment center, I haven't tried putting pressure or moving the channel post. It just started again yesterday, I'll try this method tonight to see if I get the same.

Reading your latest updates makes me cringe which is why I haven't sent it in yet. But it does drive me crazy when it happens.
Yeah, thats why I trouble shot mine for weeks before cringing and sending it in. Was hoping to avoid this.

My right surround is the problem at the moment but my rear right had done it in the past. If I really have a problem with that main board it makes sense. Crack or something.

As for moving the post around, that just confirmed why it went away when i changed speaker wire or speakers. The movement must put pressure on the crack or cold solder joint, but only for so long and then it comes back. I did find quite a few others with the same exact issue we have after doing some deeper searches.

Good luck
MarkMul1 is offline  
post #14549 of 14558 Old 09-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Pinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 34
AVR-S710W Firmware update issues

Has anyone with the AVR-S710W received the recent update??
I did and it rendered my S710W unusable, after the update it won't connect to the internet, play Pandora and other online mediums, Bluetooth won't connect to any of my devices..
I contacted Denon and they said I should do a factory reset which I did but it didn't help and it didn't return my receiver back to a earlier firmware version so I had to download it from Denon's support site, once I reinstalled the older firmware all worked fine so again I tried updating and again it rendered my S710 useless.. I tried multiple times doing factory resets and updating but no go.. When I told Denon this they wanted me to send my S710W to a repair center??? If my 710 had issues it would do it with the older firmware(works flawlessly with older firmware..
Anyone else have this issue or able to successfully run the new firmware??
It is fine running Ver. 3400-6370-3073 DTS Ver. 3.90.35.00 but will not work after updated to Ver. 4400-9380-3082 DTS Ver. 3.90.35.00..
Pinger is offline  
post #14550 of 14558 Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 PM
Member
 
locob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
Has anyone with the AVR-S710W received the recent update??
I did and it rendered my S710W unusable, after the update it won't connect to the internet, play Pandora and other online mediums, Bluetooth won't connect to any of my devices..
I contacted Denon and they said I should do a factory reset which I did but it didn't help and it didn't return my receiver back to a earlier firmware version so I had to download it from Denon's support site, once I reinstalled the older firmware all worked fine so again I tried updating and again it rendered my S710 useless.. I tried multiple times doing factory resets and updating but no go.. When I told Denon this they wanted me to send my S710W to a repair center??? If my 710 had issues it would do it with the older firmware(works flawlessly with older firmware..
Anyone else have this issue or able to successfully run the new firmware??
It is fine running Ver. 3400-6370-3073 DTS Ver. 3.90.35.00 but will not work after updated to Ver. 4400-9380-3082 DTS Ver. 3.90.35.00..
I am using the latest firmware for awhile without issues on my S710W. I do, however, use wired ethernet and have no problems with online services.
locob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
AVR-X2200W , connect , Denon , s710w , s910w , spotify , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200w , x6200w

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off