Firmware Update Information for the 2015 Marantz NR/SR/AV models
(1) Firmware updates for all 2015 models should be available via Marantz's website
and can be downloaded and installed via USB thumb drive. You will need to enter the serial number of the AVR at the website page to obtain the update.
(2) Firmware updates can also be installed by the owner via an internet connection to the Marantz servers. Although it's not necessary to update your unit if you are not experiencing any problems, it's generally a good idea to keep it updated so that if there are any problems with the update the unit will still be covered under warranty. The update process generally doesn't take more than 30 minutes once the download begins and also generally does not erase any settings, although it's always a good idea to SAVE the settings config.dat file using the Web Control feature prior to doing the update just in case. Note that if the update process is stuck on "Authenticating", ensure a source other than NET/USB is selected and just let it continue for up to a few hours and it should eventually begin the update process (although note that Marantz's servers have been known to crash the first day of release due to the overload, so you may want to wait a few days before trying again). Some have noted that rather than selecting the "Check for Update", instead simply selecting the "Start Update" will avoid the "Authenticating" issue. One prior model year owner found that disconnecting ALL sources to the AVR enabled the unit to connect to the Marantz servers and update the firmware when the update process had previously been unsuccessful.
Other tips if having problems with the update include setting "Network Standby/IP Control/Network" to OFF, cycling the DHCP setting on the AVR, or using a static IP address.
During the update, the AVR will go into Standby mode, but will continue to update status on the front panel display. If the update seems to be hung up (ie. goes beyond 1 hour) ... power the AVR to Standby, unplug it for a few minutes and power back on and attempt the update again. If the update fails to load, check the network environment (ie. reset the router, replace the router with a more current/robust model, or ideally wire directly to the router if connecting wirelessly) If still not having any luck with the update, perform a Network Reset. You may also want to consider purchasing a long (100'+) Cat5/6 cable for network updates only for a higher probability of a successful install. Also note, that once the update has completed, there is no way of returning to an earlier version of firmware.
Networking model owners will be notified automatically when there is a firmware update when the AVR is turned ON as long as the Notification Update setting is set to ON (factory default). For more information refer to Setup - General - Firmware - Notifications -Update
in your respective Owner's manual. To manually check for an update, refer to Setup - General - Firmware - Update - Check for Update
(3) What is my unit's current firmware version? The current firmware version can be determined from the AVR's menu: Setup --> General --> Information --> Firmware Version.
(4) There are two firmware notification settings, both of which default to "ON" from the factory..... "Update" (fixes) and "Upgrade" (new feature). When either an "update" or "upgrade" is available the networking models will display a message alerting you to this "update" or "upgrade" every time you turn on the AVR. If you prefer not to install the update/upgrade, then simply change the appropriate setting at General --> Firmware --> Notifications ---> Update/Upgrade to OFF (factory default is ON) and it will go away.
This area will be used to track the changelog of the firmware updates for 2015 NR/SR series models
- See SR7010 change log for same date
- See SR7010 change log for 7/19/2016
- See SR7010 for this date
-Add the "DTS: X" sound mode feature.
- When the customer connects the AV receiver to MAC Book laptop PC and then the specific MP3 music file (Album art size is bigger than 1000 x1000 pixels) is played on the iTunes via AirPlay, the AV receiver reboots before starting the playback of the MP3 file. The symptom is a problem that the AV receiver reboots before starting the playback of the MP3 music file.
- The signal is not output from Top Middle Channel when the customer calibrates the AV receiver by Audyssey Pro.
- Able to use Rear Height (instead of Surround Height) with Auro 3D Upgrade (SR7010 and AV7702MKII only)
- When customer connects the AV receiver with the specific BD player (Sony BDP-CX960 and Sony CX-7000 Blu-ray Jukebox) via the HDMI and playback the contents of "DTS-HD", the AV receiver doesn't recognize the audio of "DTS-HD". Therefore, the specific BD player outputs the audio signal with Multi ch PCM.
The symptom is a problem that the "DTS-HD" format signal is not output.
- In a network environment in which AV receiver is connected, the network module of the AV receiver reboots when Netflix APP starts on the iOS device.
The symptom is a problem that the network module of the AV receiver reboots when Netflix APP starts on the iOS device.
- The audio intermittently becomes interrupted when HD cable TV program switches from DD with DSU to PCM based commercial using Dolby Surround.
The symptom is a problem that the audio intermittently becomes interrupted when HD cable TV program switches from DD with DSU to PCM based commercial using Dolby Surround.
- When the customer plays a specific file by USB Memory device, the track name is changed one after another in 25 seconds. (File that the number (01 and 02, etc.) are recorded at the beginning of the name.)
The symptom is a problem that the track name is changed one after another in 25 seconds.
- When the customer inputs the 2ch audio signal with the following specific condition to the AV receiver, the Center channel output signal is distorted.
Sound mode: DTS Neural:X
Input signal: amplitude = over 440mFFS (40% vs full scale) and frequency= 720Hz / 2.7~4.1kHz
The symptom is a problem that the Center channel output signal is distorted by the specified condition.
- When the customer switches the sound mode from the marantz Remote App, the following failure occurs in the AV receiver.
The sound mode becomes the "Dolby Surround" even if the customer selects the "DTS Neural:X" in the sound mode.
The sound mode becomes the "DTS Neural:X" even if the customer selects the "Dolby Surround" in the sound mode.
The symptom is a problem that the sound mode is not correctly selected even if the customer selects the sound mode.
- When the black hole router was present between the Internet environment of the AV receiver and DPMS server (including the Internet service provider side equipment), the AV receiver might fail in the firmware update. (The black hole router is a router that destroy it when the divided IP packet cannot be forwarded.)
- The Spotify Connect Server side of Spotify will be updated. So, the customer will not be able to play Spotify after updating.
- Even if the customer registers the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 setting to the Quick Select in the following specific operation, the setting of the MultEQ XT32 changes when calling the Quick Select.
- The product cannot play the specific Podcasts (Radio1 RAI, Radio2 RAI) on the Internet Radio.
- The noise may occur when the customer plays the specific AAC file bought from Mora (Online music distribution service) by the Music Server or the USB function.
- The temporary display of GUI on the TV screen (SOURCE, INPUT, SOUND, VOLUME) may not disappear even after a certain time when the customer turns on the AV receiver.
- See SR7010 change log for same date
- See SR7010 change log for 7/19/2016
- See SR7010 for this date
- When executing "Auto Setup" function with Front Height or Top Front speakers. "Dynamic EQ" will turn on automatically. If an Atmos BD is played, and the BD is paused, upon playback, the sound level is momentarily increased.
- When the Source is Online Music, Network GUI is scrolling from top to bottom. (Problem of GUI of network) The failure occurs in a specific environment: The failure occurs easily if Media Server is started with the personal computer of Windows10.
- Specification change: An initial value of the display setting concerning "Update Notifications" is changed from On to Off.
- Allow unit to work with the remote app
** NOTE: The changelog information above is provided as is, without any further explanation and only when I am able to obtain it. If the information listed above doesn't make sense, please don't ask for clarification, as I have none.
Auro 3D/2D + Auro-Matic (simulates audio to height speakers from non-Auro BD/DVD) Upgrade instructions (USA models only)
Only the SR7010 and AV7702MKII can be upgraded to Auro 3D/2D by following the instructions listed below:
1. Connect the unit to the internet.
2. Ensure the unit has the latest firmware update installed.
3. Using the GUI, select Upgrade now or go to GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- ADD NEW FEATURE and write down the "Upgrade ID" listed on the display
4. Go to the Upgrade website at https://www.upgrade.marantz.com/na/m...ages/home.aspx
5. Complete the Auro 3D upgrade Personal form to include personal information, the unit's serial number (listed on back of unit or on original box), and the Upgrade ID obtained in step 3.
6. Enter credit card information - cost is $199 USD which will also include the Auro 3D Demo disk.
7. Once the card has been processed, the Auro 3D upgrade will be available to download to the unit (estimated download time - will vary depending on internet connection)
(1) For those SR7010 and AV7702MKII owners not wanting to upgrade to Auro 3D at this time, you will be given the option to set Upgrade Notification to OFF on initial setup or you can go to SETUP -- GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- NOTIFICATIONS -- UPGRADE and select OFF so you don't get the Upgrade notification each time the unit is powered ON. Note the "Upgrade" notification only applies to new features, while the "Update" notification applies to "fixes" which you want to leave set to ON.
(2) A number of 2014 Atmos model owners with the Auro 3D upgrade have noted they prefer the Dolby Surround upmixer (DSU) for movies and Auro-Matic for music.
(3) Additional information on Auro 3D/2D can be found in the Official Auro 3D thread