AVS Forum banner

Amp question on outdoor speakers

523 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  BADZ1969 
#1 ·
I currently have a Denon Avr x3100w and I am planning on running some outdoor speakercraft OE8s and they will be located 100ft from the AVR behind my pool in the planter and wanted to know which amp would work. Niles, russound etc.

Thanks for any info as I'm kinda a newbie.

#7 ·
Another suggestion... :cool:
Buy a Sherwood RX4508...
Available from Amazon..
http://www.amazon.com/Sherwood-RX4508-Stereo-Receiver-Bluetooth/dp/B00OZ5852Q

Its a stereo receiver (100W x 2), plenty of power..
Connect the Zone II L/R line outs from the 3100, plug into the RX4508's L/R Aux inputs.
Now U have a second FM tuner for the outside speakers, dedicated tone controls plus BlueTooth so U can stream music from an Android or iPhone to the outside speakers.

Just my $0.02... ;)

#9 ·
Thanks, I just wanted to have other options and it looks like there is.
Is the crown 2000 a reliable amp? Seems like a lot of power for a small price. :)
Crown is one of the most reliable professional amplifier companies and is highly recommended
around here. Even for home theater. Same distortion/signal-nose ratio as the receiver.
Plenty good for outdoor. Just don't get it wet. Having a thicker wire (12) and extra power
in those wires will travel a long ways. Which you need. Pro power is cheap, but this is ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.