AVS Forum banner

Zone 2 and multi room

292 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jdsmoothie 
#1 ·
So I just bought the denon s510bt. It does not have a zone 2 function. My old receiver did. I have other speakers wired in other rooms in my house that I want to be able to use. They do not need to play something different than the main room. For example if listening to music in the main room we would like to also listen in the bedroom.

Do I need to get a receiver with zone 2 capability or is there some way for me to get this denon to work? Thanks

#3 ·
So I just bought the denon s510bt. It does not have a zone 2 function. My old receiver did. I have other speakers wired in other rooms in my house that I want to be able to use. They do not need to play something different than the main room. For example if listening to music in the main room we would like to also listen in the bedroom.

Do I need to get a receiver with zone 2 capability or is there some way for me to get this denon to work? Thanks
The S510BT is a basic 5CH model with no Zone 2 or pre-out capability. You'll need to purchase an "X" series model (eg. X1200W) with Zone 2 pre-outs which would be connected to an external amp (eg. AudioSource100) which would be connected to an impedance matching speaker selector which would be connected to the speakers in the other rooms in the house.

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-A...id=1436140109&sr=8-1&keywords=audiosource+100

http://www.parts-express.com/wired-home-ss4-speaker-selector-impedance-matching-1-in-4-out--300-970

#4 ·
thanks - that is very helpful. sounds like I may be better off bringing back the Denon S510BT and grabbing a new receiver with zone 2 capability. would it have to be 7.1 or can 5.1 with zone 2 work?

I was thinking of maybe getting the Onkyo TX-NR535 - would this work? thanks again!

#5 ·
thanks - that is very helpful. sounds like I may be better off bringing back the Denon S510BT and grabbing a new receiver with zone 2 capability. would it have to be 7.1 or can 5.1 with zone 2 work?

I was thinking of maybe getting the Onkyo TX-NR535 - would this work? thanks again!
In order for an AVR to have Zone 2 capability it must either be a 7CH model and/or have Zone 2 pre-outs. Any of the 7CH models above the S510BT will have Zone 2 capability, however, only the "X" series will include Zone 2 pre-outs which would be recommended when planning to power more than just 2 Zone 2 speakers.

The 535 is also just a 5CH model so would not work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.